Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Looking for Draper imperial socket
  • mattjevans
    Free Member

I’ve tried all sorts of google and I can’t find a 1 inch hex (ideally Draper since the rest of my tools mostly are) deep socket for square drive. Can anyone point me to one?

Or should I just get 26mm and not worry about it – and if so, hex or 12-point socket (I figure the risk of slippage is higher in a 12 point but I am fairly DIY incompetent).

tthew

You could try a ‘metrinch’ type, designed to drive off the flats of the bolt head and not too fussy about the size. Don’t know if draper make them, (probabaly not) or if you can buy single, deep ones but worth considering.

Edit – Or 1/2″ drive on ebay

takisawa2

Draper one available, but try looking for an Impact socket, as they are usually hex shape.

What’s it for ?
    I’ve never actually seen a 1″ AF or 26mm bolt or nut, and I’ve worked on all sorts of odd stuff.

Could it be 9/16 Whitworth ? 1.010″ is pretty close.
    http://www.baconsdozen.co.uk/tools/conversion%20charts.htm

wolly
    Free Member

I’ll have a look tomorrow if you’d like, I think they also have a catalogue online

Nipper99
    Free Member

I have a MAC tools AF socket set which are hex and have a 1″ – check their site.

mattjevans
    Free Member

Draper 76932 is close but I’d ideally like a deep version like the 56185 one ( which is 26mm)

LoCo
    Free Member

Your local engineering supplier should have one in stock.

mattjevans
    Free Member

Just want the part number! 13225 is also 1″ but not deep either

sparkyspice
    Free Member

+1 for Metrinch

mattjevans
    Free Member

Don’t look to be exactly easy to find.

A google shopping search for Metrich 1265 socket (the 1″ deep socket) gets zero results…

mattjevans
    Free Member

am still having no luck if anyone has new advice

As above, are you sure it’s not 9/16 Whitworth ? 1″ AF is an odd size and there’s only .010″ difference.

£16 for a King Dick one

£5 for an Elora one.

mattjevans
    Free Member

Spec for the nut says clearly it is 1 inch base

1″ AF is a non preferred size, which is why you’re having trouble finding one.
    If you’ve got a 7/8″ AF socket and a 22mm nut handy, both common sizes, try them for fit.
    That’s .011″ difference.
    The .010″ difference between 9/16 Whitworth and 1″ AF really is nothing to worry about. A 26mm spanner would be .024″ too big.

If you’re anywhere near Kidderminster, I can lend you a deep bi-hex 9/16 Whitworth socket if you want to try before you buy.

mattjevans
    Free Member

Cheers, that’s helpful.

mattjevans
    Free Member

Been meaning to post for a while – when this turned up, it was 9/16 whitworth. I laughed on the inside…

Did the job as predicted by various above

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Looking for Draper imperial socket’ is closed to new replies.