Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Looking for a womens hardtail frame – advice please
  • Jezkidd
    Free Member

So I’m looking to build up a hardtail for my fiancé. We’re planning to do a bit of very very gentle touring over the summer (sustrans routes) and other than that it’ll be tow paths and cycle paths. She Has an old (15 years) halfords special but a more modern bike’ll be more comfortable and I’ve got enough parts hanging about to make it a reasonably cheap effort even if she decides that riding’s not for her.  The only thing I currently lack is an appropriate frame, she’s about 5ft 4. Not being wise in the ways of women’s hardtails I’m not sure if I should look at wsd or just get a 14′ men’s frame. I’m looking for frame only and haven’t seen much which fits the bill as yet.

Can anyone recommend anything?

Cheers,

Jez

riiich
    Free Member

Hello Jez

I have my girlfriends small 2010 Garry Fisher Hoo Koo Eee Koo (really) which I was going to list for sale as I have just swapped the bits (that fit) over to a full suss frame. Let me know if you are interested and I’ll send picks. Not done many miles, and gentle ones at that.

jameso
    Jezkidd
    Free Member

Hi riiich, I’d be really interested in seeing some pics if you’re able to send them over, email’s in profile.
    Cheers,
    Jez

burnie
    Free Member

I doubt there will be much difference if your going frame only. In fact I once compared the geometry of a mens frame and the womens specific version they were exactly the same!

cinnamon_girl

Rock Lobster 15″.

kimbers

the lighter the better
    heavy bikes make it less likely that non biking wives will lift it out of the shed IME
    my wife a t 5’1 has an xs comencal and its great!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Looking for a womens hardtail frame – advice please’ is closed to new replies.