Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Looking for a top end xc fs frame?
  • Bound4Glory
    Free Member

Weighing up the options & have the rare chance to build up a quality bike. Anybody got experience on the following; Trek Top Fuel 9.9ssl (2011), Yeti ASR5, Giant Anthem Advanced SL. Also which fork would be a suitable pairing. I ride & race long course marathons in the alps, Roc d'Azur etc + guiding work. Currently have an alu Anthem XO & Trek carbon h.tail. Welcome advice on other recommendations, cheers.

AndrewDrummond
    Free Member

Chain reaction have white 2009 Turner 5-spots at £1146, or something like that.

They also have 2009 Flux frames at 1420, which is lower than anyone else.

wwaswas

from what I've read the weight saving of the carbon giant over the alu one is fairly small for the extra outlay. Would you be better keeping the anthem frame and just replacing the rest of the kit?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    molgrips
    Free Member

Has to be the Kona Heihei. I love mine to bits! 🙂

Pippalarge
    Free Member

2011 epic

goldenwonder
    Free Member

I'm thinking of selling my '09 Anthem Advanced frame if that'd be of any interest to you?

br
    Free Member

My LBS owner recently moved from an alloy Anthem X to a new carbon Advanced one – lighter and stiff – he likes it.

njee20
    Free Member

The 2011 Top Fuels aren't out yet, in fact they've not even confirmed all the changes, so you're not gonna find anyone with first hand experience! I've got a 2010 9.9 SSL, and it's very nice indeed, prefer it to the 3 S-Works Epics I had before.

The 2011 Epic looks interesting, not sure about the new dropout spacing though.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Looking for a top end xc fs frame?’ is closed to new replies.