Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Looking for a specific size of a tube of grease
  • leffeboy

I’ve got a grease gun with an adapter so it can fit a tube of WTB Goose Grease. I’ve been refilling the old tube with whatever grease suits but I was wondering if there are any tubes of grease around now that would fit. The top of the tube that fits into the grease gun is 20mm wide, 21mm if you include the threads

Does anyone know of any tubes of grease at that size? It’s not the sort of thing that’s easy to check online

thanks

nickjb
    Free Member

That seems an odd size. My grease gun takes 14mm(ish) tubes and all the tubes I’ve bought recently without much care have all been that size.

Onzadog
    Free Member

I don’t know about your specific grease nozzle but m-prep, Pedro’s and superlube all do tubes that screw straight to a nozzle.

leffeboy

The problem is that the newer grease guns all take 14mm tubes like the finish line one. I’m just wondering if there is anything of the older size. Otherwise I might just have to replace the grease gun but it works well so I’m trying to avoid that

leffeboy

Actually, if it comes down to it can anyone recommend a grease gun? They all look almost the same but the prices varies wildly between manufacturers. Are they any different?

RustyMac

What about getting something like this for the grease gun to fit a more common size?
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/291574538858

leffeboy

that’s not a bad idea RustyMac. I’ll have a nose and see if it’s close to a standard size

thetallman
    Free Member

can anyone recommend a grease gun?

I’ve been using the Dualco grease gun for the past couple of years and much prefer it to the one that screwed onto a grease tube.

leffeboy

That’s pretty much exactly what I’ve got except WTB made a plastic adapter to allow you to screw their tubes of grease on, so I don’t have the nice metal tube. I like it as a gun though so that might be a good choice if I can’t find a tube that fits

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Looking for a specific size of a tube of grease’ is closed to new replies.