Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Looking for a specific biking app so I can race myself
  • enveetee
    Free Member

I’m looking for an app which allows me to do a ride say A to B, record it on a map then replay the ride when I go out again so I can race myself

Anyone know of such a beast

Cheers

Stuey01
    Free Member

Isn’t Strava exactly this?

GrahamS

I just use Endomondo for this.

You can select “Follow A Route” as your workout to try to beat the current Route Champion. It gives you audio feedback every 1km (like “Lap time 2 minutes 16 seconds. Ahead by fifteen seconds”).

If you mark the Route private then you’ll be the only one that can see it so you’ll always be the Route Champion and you are always racing yourself.

d45yth
    Free Member

All Garmin GPS’ have this feature.

muggomagic

If for iPhone then both cyclemeter and motion X do this and you can set a voice coach that tells you how far you are up or down at adjustable intervals. If its android then sportstracklive is also very good and does the same.

thepurist

This one was quite popular when it was posted on here. Hard to get hold of though 😉

unklehomered
    Free Member

damnit, purist beat me too it.

Yeah, James had the only one, and he broke it… 🙁

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Strava then you can also see your performance against others and use that as motivation to go harder.

(awaits Strava angst)

joemarshall
    Free Member

Does endomondo still do it entirely based on the full route distance and the average speed over the full route rather than on the actual time at each km?

It used to, and that was silly annoying, because I obviously go faster on the flat second half of my commute than the slow first half, so I’d always be behind for the first half then slowly catching up for the second half, making it meaningless.

GrahamS

joe: yeah I think so. Does seem a bit flawed in that regard. I know that if I want to beat my existing time then I need to be 2 minutes “ahead” by the time I start up the final hill.

One of these days I’m going to do an example route and submit a feature request to them.

DezB
    Free Member

This one was quite popular when it was posted on here.

Not seen that before. Good stuff.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Looking for a specific biking app so I can race myself’ is closed to new replies.