Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Looking for a nice watch for £250..
  • 1981miked
    Free Member

Morning all,

I have been promising myself a nice everyday watch for a while now, got 2 nice dress watches and one very old Casio that I use for work etc.

I’m looking for something I can wear everyday at work and when cycling so looking for a sports style watch with a few gadgets. I have looked at the G Shock range and specifically the GA1000 4AER, the other G Shocks are nice but I’m after something a bit more exciting than black in colour Also looked at Timex and the other usual suspects in this market. Don’t want a metal bracelet style strap either.

So what else is worth a consideration?

I will obviously use all the functions on the watch mentioned above during my James Bond style missions so the compass and temperature gauge won’t go to waste.

1981miked
    Free Member

Yeah I spied that last night, not in stock though so could be waiting ages for it. That price reduction was meant to end last night aswell! Must not have sold as much as they predicted.

Lakes_Puma

if you can wait a bit how about one of these Fitbit

benz
    Free Member

Time factors Seafire?

Just re-read your requirements, so it won’t meet them, but a nice watch regardless.

1981miked
    Free Member

It is a very nice watch.

I seem to be having a pre mid life crisis though and fancy something with multiple gadgets… Because I am not buying a 29er…

Hope a fancy watch will make the trail come alive instead!

Xylene
    Free Member

Orient ddo some nice watches – my one is the STi limited edition with carbon fiber face

IvanDobski
    Free Member

Something a bit different – I’ve been considering one as an auto alternative to my gshock.

Seiko Prospex “Land Monster” SRP579K.

kirky72
    Free Member

Nite watches, the hawk or NATO. I have a NATO all black looks smart for the office and sporty on the bike.

sq225917
    Free Member

http://www.creationwatches.com/products/casio-analog-digital-293/

Their Seiko prices are similarly aggressive, I’ve had a G-shock and a Seiko Chrono off them over the years.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Citizen Eco Drive Sailhawk is on offer at various places

1981miked
    Free Member

Had a look on the creation watches website… They are cheap!

Anybody used them before? What’s the catch? If any.

tonyg2003

I’ve got a Casio GS1150 on now. Very similar really and a great watch

Lionheart
    Free Member

Have recently bought this MWC for 200
    http://www.mwcwatches.com/product_info.php?products_id=193
    Very impressive in the metal

RaveyDavey
    Free Member

Used creation watches many times and there is no catch

IvanDobski
    Free Member

I’ve used creation, good company to deal with and answer questions quickly.

Wally

Creation have no catch – unless you buy a Japanese import – then it comes from Japan and you WILL be charged a lot of import duties.

1981miked
    Free Member

I read the watches don’t always come in the manufacturers box? What’s the delivery time like providing the watch is in stock?

LeeW

Not sure if you want 2nd hand but I’ll be putting up my G-Shock MTG1200B on the classifieds soon. Great condition apart from some of the black rubbing off on the inside of the strap.

It’s solar powered, automatically adjusts to the right time etc, boxed for £200.

toby1

Something from Suunto maybe? One of the colorful Cores?

LeeW

No worries, It’ll be going up tomorrow anyway. Hope you find what you’re looking for.

gobuchul
    Free Member

Chris Ward do some nice looking stuff for that money

Not really G Shock or Suunto though.

CountZero

Citizen EcoDrive?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B003KN3WWM/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_3?pf_rd_p=569136327&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B005MKGR00&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_r=12SANMV4G88JPKQT5C9V
    Edit, re-read the bit about gadgets, there are loads of really complicated Citizens, but this one has some extras without being silly:

RustySpanner

That’s very nice CZ.

You can find Seiko Alpinists for around the target price, maybe a little more.

RaveyDavey
    Free Member

I’ve never been charged import duty using Creation and I’ve bought a few Japanese Seikos. The only negative possibly is that the Seikos don’t come with warranty but Creation cover service etc. Which I have used.

1981miked
    Free Member

Some good suggestions so far here. Thanks folks, the Suunto ones are really nice and have all the guff I’m after on them.

1981miked
    Free Member

Just noticed Chain Reaction are doing the Suunto core all black for £188, plus I have a £15 off voucher. £173.. Be rude not to perhaps?

ElShalimo

I have a Suunto Core. It’s an excellent outdoor instrument in the shape of a watch. Quite easy to scratch though
    If you want a watch with gadgets then Casio ProTrek are a better all round watch but they are not as good as the Suunto in terms of on the hill performance. The Casio is also more durable and reliable.
    It really depends on whether or not you need the compass, altimeter functions or if you just like to look like a mountain athlete

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Looking for a nice watch for £250..’ is closed to new replies.