Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Looking for a new lock for pub/tea stops. Any recommendations?
  • ElShalimo

As above.
    I need to get a lock so that if we stop for a cheeky beer or cake then I can nip in and out of the pub and not lose my bike. It just needs to be good enough to deter the bad people. It’d be good if I could lock my bike & my wife’s
    What do you guys use?
    What can you recommend that is light enough to go in my rucsac but pretty secure?

In the garage I have a ground anchor, mahoosive chain and decent padlock and a pet T-rex, so I hope I’m okay at home

Rorschach
    Free Member

This is what I use…not going to stop someone with cutters but will stop opportunists thieverists.

saleem
    Free Member

I use one of these and It’s fine, not to heavy either.
    http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.200-1237.aspx

fourbanger
    Free Member

Just a cheap Abus cable lock here to stop it walking. Keep it in your line of site is the key. There’s an art to it!

MSP

This is what I use…not going to stop someone with cutters but will stop opportunists thieverists.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dakine-Micro-Lock-Ski-Snowboard/dp/B004TO0KGM

Yeah I have one of those, fine for just leaving the bike for a couple of minutes, while popping inside for some refreshments, but as well as not stopping someone with cutters I don’t even think it would stop a child with plastic scissors.
    Depends where you are riding, if you are just stopping at cafes in small villages etc, then its perfectly usable, if you are ending your ride at a city centre cafe then I would want something far more substantial.

ElShalimo

evening “pub stop” bump

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Well, I have an Abus one, it’s not even a Granit version, just a mid-range D-lock. Even a set of 36″ police issue bolt-cutters with two big blokes on them coodunt dent them*. The coppers were utterly amazed, as that’s what they use to chop padlocks and stuff off to enter premises an ting. First time the bolt cutters had failed, apparently. 😀

(*Was when I thought my keys had bin nicked from my locker at swimming.)

Done sterling service for over 3 years now on my tatty commuter bike. I’d buy another Abus in a flash.

davesmate
    Free Member

one of these lives in my bacpack for the exact same reason.

I’ve tried a few over the years and this is about the best I’ve found. As has already been said they won’t stop a determined bike thief but will put the chancers off for a while. Not sure where you’d get one from now, I got mine from Lidl last time they had bike stuff in. Hoping they get them in again as I’d like another one.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Forget a lock, get a tiger!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Looking for a new lock for pub/tea stops. Any recommendations?’ is closed to new replies.