Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • looking for a new jacket, non technical, but waterproof.
  • ton

ideas for a new waterproof jacket
    mainly for slow steady touring/pootling
    dont need anything to technical or fancy

ideas anyone?

matther01
    Free Member

Endura windchill are going for £50 @ Allterraincycles?

Nipper99
    Free Member

I spent around £200 (fed up of cheap jackets) a bought a Showerpass event jacket. US make so cut on the larger side. Been out in all sorts in it and very impressed to date. You def get what you pay for.

antigee

bought 1 of these for mrs antigee then one for myself think the £129 is black though – also i guess i’m crossing a picket line to bring you this, excellent value:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Gore-Bike-Wear-Mens-Jacket/dp/B0030T17O6

Edric64
    Free Member

Im fed up with poor quality waterproofs so im going for the all singing and dancing 240 quid Rapha one next time .It had better work .6 hours in the rain on an Audax last weekend was the final straw for the current dross that I wear

Scapegoat

Paramo. Velez, Velez Adventure, Vista,Quito. Seconds and limited edition stuff on the ‘bay particularly good value. Very breathable, very waterproof and can be rep roofed over and over again. Look great too.
    Edit. Cuzco jacket on eBay right now, £95.

ads678

TKMaxx always have plenty if you can be bothered trawling though the shit. Decent soft shell would bd good though, very comfy, warm, breathable and some are pretty waterproof.

spev

MADISON TELEGRAPHE
    I’ve got one of these, and I’m very impressed with it

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I’ve tried everything over the last 20 years of riding & have come to the conclusion that…if it’s pissing down & your’e sweating like a nonce in a nursery….your’e gonna get wet.
    I’m still waiting for a magic jacket.

Edric64
    Free Member

Even without sweating like Jimmy Saville at a school disco .I have yet to find a jacket that works longer than an hour.I too await the magic material

pocketrocket
    Free Member

I’ve got an earlier version of these and it’s kept me a lot drier than some of my mates premium brands. Still working great 4 years later (with the odd treatment of the Novadry spray)

http://www.decathlon.co.uk/mtb-7-rain-jacket-black-khaki-id_8073687.html#avantages

or

http://www.decathlon.co.uk/waterproof-jacket-7-red-white-id_8221264.html

matt_outandabout

if it’s pissing down & your’e sweating like a nonce in a nursery….your’e gonna get wet.

^this.
    I find ventilation more important than breathability; or take the Paramo route of a fabric that can ‘pump’ water out so darn quick, it can keep you dry enough.
    Having had a few jackets without pit zips, I would not again. The number of times I am out with side vents on Paramo open, or reach for my really, really old Patagonia jacket with vents for the same reason.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘looking for a new jacket, non technical, but waterproof.’ is closed to new replies.