Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Looking for a long term let in France
  • grunty
    Free Member

Thinking about taking the summer off and moving to France for 5 or 6 months. Having trouble finding long term lets in either Provence or savoire that are in the summer months most seem to be from October through to march.

Can anyone recommend a site (with English translations preferably) that could help me out?

piemonster

Can’t help with websites, but I did something similar back in 2004

We just contacted a few local Immobiliares and let them do most of the translating. There doing the selling after all, and finding a 6 month rental over there is no more uncommon than it is over here.

Obviously you’ll need a fluent French speaker when it comes to contract time.

Just fire off a few emails and see who bites. It’s only crunch time when your signing so nowt to lose at this stage.

Good luck btw

grunty
    Free Member

Thanks piemonster, I will give that a go.

MrFart
    Free Member

Before contacting an Immobilier contact a Notaires office first – generally the fees are much lower and the rent is cheaper – usually someone will speak good English as well.

If you need a guarantor try contacting Loca-Pass

Immobiliers in France are the scum of the earth …. 😡

piemonster

Immobiliers in France are the scum of the earth ….

LOL, I think it’s an international standard for that line of work

Bless ’em

poolman
    Free Member

hi, I’d stay off the radar & tow a caravan down there. A mate of mine lives there every summer & stays on a decent campsite, cheap as chips. When they get bored they go home.

Also, if the weather’s bad you can travel further south, like to Spain.

I can get the details for you if you wnat, just pm me.

stevomcd
    Free Member

Have a look on le Bon Coin.

There is a glut of accommodation in Savoie in the summer. If you can’t find anything, you’re not looking hard enough!

Hardly anyone uses the Agences Immobiliers for this kind of stuff and the invention of the internet has by-passed the French entirely. For this reason, you’re unlikely to have much success searching from a distance. Go to the local supermarket and look at the ads boards – you’ll find loads of places to rent.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Looking for a long term let in France’ is closed to new replies.