Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Looking for a Gopro 3+ and accessories, advice please
  • gravitysucks
    Free Member

I’ve got a few trips planned soon so thought I might have a dabble to see what sort of clips and pics I can get.

Anyone know any good offers going about either on a new go pro or accessories.

Also what should be on my accessory wish list?
    Cards? Batteries?

What kind of mounts are you favoring?

Doh1Nut

I stopped for lunch here

http://www.kingsleyvillage.com/

on the way down to cornwall and they were advertising a 3+ for £240 ish (£100 off).
    When I say advertising, there was a laminated A4 sign stuck to the wall half way up the stairs. I dont know how that compares to the ebay shops, but at least there is a known phyiscal shop to get back to if anything goes wrong.

The building housed a few shops, I assume it was the electronics one, but did not find the GoPro display.

eazyd74
    Free Member

I picked up a 3+ silver edition for £200 from Currys this morning. Plus £20 for a micro SD card. I already have various mounts but prefer to use helmet ones.

creamegg
    Free Member

CRC were £225 for the Hero 3 black a few weeks ago, deal may still be on

STATO
    Free Member

I thought the 3+ silver was better than the 3 black? confused 😐

creamegg
    Free Member

its all on the Go Pro website, nothing to get confused over (black is betterer)

STATO
    Free Member

Hmm, just realised the price difference of the 3+ Silver (£200) and 3+ Black (£300, though ParkCameras has it at £270).

So to extend on Gravity sucks original question, does anyone think the remote is worthwhile? does it save battery by being easier to turn off or waste battery due to needing wifi to be on. Suppose if you could just let it run any excess footage is easily chopped out in the editing?

STATO
    Free Member

its all on the Go Pro website, nothing to get confused over (black is betterer)

couldnt see info on the older 3 Black on the website, only the 3+ Black?

creamegg
    Free Member

Never used the remote on mine but do use the go pro app regularly. The difference between the two isn’t limited to the remote though but ask yourself if your likely to make use of those features

kwack
    Free Member

I used a Ghost Drift on a recent trackday and the footage was very good in 1080p. I would take a look at these and they are a bit cheaper and come with a variety of mounts

wrightyson
    Free Member

Don’t buy gopro original mounts, so overpriced!
    I bought this kit and the “free battery” is actually spot on too.
    Edit

Link won’t work, just search for go pro mounts on flea bay.

dudeofdoom

I bought a sj4000 for 56 pounds on ebay and tbh it’s ace well worth a punt…

steeble
    Free Member

dudeofdoom, how is the sj4000? Been lookign at those and for the price I reckon its worth a punt even though it sounds like most of them are fake. Pic quality anygood?

gravitysucks
    Free Member

Is the quality much better with the black 3+ compared to the silver 3+?
    Can get a silver 3+ for £200 new so seems a good deal of I can use my iPhone as a remote.
    Want the best quality (especially pics) that I can though so very tempted to just get the black 3+
    Wondering what the real world difference is though.

GrahamS

There are some cheap GoPro accessory bundles made by “Chilli-Tech” going on the SportPursuit website at the moment. The cycling one is £38 and contains:

Large Travel hardcase for GoPro Hero 3+/3/2/1

Keeps your GoPro and accessories safe, protected, and organized. Foam padding on ALL sides for maximum protection.
    High quality EVA interior features compartments for GoPro Hero 1, GoPro Hero 2, GoPro Hero 3, GoPro Hero 3+ & HD camera plus
    Storage parts for the SD memory card, battery, power plug, remote control, battery pack, LCD
    Mesh pocket provides storage space for cables and other accessories.
    Compact and easy to store in backpacks or carry-on luggage. Dimensions: Size: 32.5cm x 21.7cm x 6.5CM

Chest Mount- Chest Body Strap to fit GoPro Hero 3+/3/2/1 with 3-way adjustment base

Great for Mountain Bikers because you get to see your arms & handlebars whilst you ride plus your GoPro cam is accessible and still easy to operate.
    Fully adjustable Chest Mount with a 3 Way adjustment base to get that perfect angle required.

Aluminium Handlebar Mount for GoPro Hero 3+/3/2/1

Fits handlebars with a diameter of 30-31.8mm
    The design that puts the camera in front of the handlebars leaving your GoPro out of the way whilst ensuring your shot stays obstruction-free. Secured with a pair of hex bolts, the clamp fits standard 31.8mm (1.3″) bicycle handle bars.
    Capture First-Person Cycling Shots
    Mounts Camera on 30-31.8mm Handlebars
    Cantilevered Design placing Camera in the forward position
    Anodized CNC Machined Aluminium
    Secured with Hex Bolts
    Weight 1.6oz/46g
    Dimensions Clamp Diameter: 1.3″/31.8mm

Bicycle Handlebar / Seatpost Clamp with Three-way Adjustable Pivot Arm for Gopro Hero 3+/3/2/1

A fantastic versatile mount that allows you to mount your Gopro on your seat post, your handlebars or bike frame.

http://www.sportpursuit.com/catalog/product/view/id/526251

(Mods: no referral link so hopefully this doesn’t break any rules?)

wrightyson
    Free Member

I e got a black 3 and the photo quality is good. Took some great photos last week in Cornwall. You do have to get closer to your subject than you think tho.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Looking for a Gopro 3+ and accessories, advice please’ is closed to new replies.