Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Looking for a good wedding venue South West London
  • brewking
    Free Member

I am trying to find a good wedding venue that is a bit different to the horrible golf clubs my other half keeps looking at. Not got a massive budget. Like the idea of a barn etc.. Civil ceremony in the same venue ideally.

Where did you have your wedding?

If I pick your idea you get some free beer!

wallop

Some friends of ours got married in the Star & Garter in Putney, it was pretty nice.

bren2709

Don’t do it 😉

brewking
    Free Member

No choice now, past the point of no return! She does have more money than me so I will be able to buy more bikes once we share everything 🙂

bren2709

Don’t know where you get that idea from?
    What’s hers is hers and what’s yours is hers! 😉

loum
    Free Member

A little bit further out, but got married here and it was great. All in one venue, with a barn style. Worth a visit to have a look because the reality is better than the website. They have weddings most weekends so Friday evening/ Sat mornings a good time to see how it sets up. http://www.bespokehotels.com/hotel/pages/talbotinn/home.htm

DickBarton

Cornwall?

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

Kew looks a nice spot. They hire out one of the old palaces in there. Syon house if you’re feeling flush.

sweaman2
    Free Member

I have to be honest and say that “not got a massive budget” and “SW London” in the same sentance is going to make things tricky.

Talbot Inn is a good recommendation though

nickb

I’m pretty sure these places do weddings, but I doubt any of them fit the ‘not on a large budget’ criteria:
    Syon House (definitely)
    Richmond Park (definitely – marquee style outside Pembroke Lodge, or in Pembroke Lodge)
    Hurlingham Club, Fulham (definitely)
    Ham House (possibly)
    Hampton Court (possibly – likely to be very expensive!)
    Osterley Park (possibly)

Good luck!
    Nick

brewking
    Free Member

Budget is about £15,000 max so trying to be a bit creative. I am thinking of Windsor and Eaton brewery but she doesn’t like the smell!

I am allowed a fire breathing midget!

wallop

Cornwall?

I grew up there, I don’t remember it being in SW London 😆

rootes1

A little bit further out, but got married here and it was great. All in one venue, with a barn style. Worth a visit to have a look because the reality is better than the website. They have weddings most weekends so Friday evening/ Sat mornings a good time to see how it sets up. http://www.bespokehotels.com/hotel/pages/talbotinn/home.htm

deal on groupon for the Talbot at the mo – my other half has just shown me…

Stuey01
    Free Member

Friend had a nice wedding at Nonsuch Manor. Can’t imagine it would be cheap, but the cost will be largely dependent on how many guests you have. You may be able to bring it in on budget. Probably a bit more traditional than you are looking for based on what you’ve been looking at.

Edit: note to self: check the thread date. Spam alert.

kilo

We looked at canizaro house in Wimbledon village ten years ago, not sure how much they charge now, but on the plus side they have a statue of Haile Selassie in the grounds.

stumpy01

Not SW London….but not a million miles away…my brother got married at Grim’s Duke Hotel in Harrow. God know how much it cost, but it is a really nice venue.

theotherjonv

10 miles outside the M25, so not quite SW London but not far off

Gallery

Little bit further out

http://www.weddingvenues.com/venue2542.html

Been to weddings at both and both were absolutely brilliant. Particulary at gate street, bride and groom are both in the music/ents biz so band and dj were superb, and the best man has a sideline working the comedy circuit so his speech was like 15 mins of stand up interspersed with the formalities.

I got married here, but it’s a bit more formal (for the ceremony and drinks reception at least) but once downstairs in the cellar for partying, you can let your hair down again.

http://www.clandonpark.co.uk/

ormondroyd
    Free Member

Craven Cottage!

(sorry)

joolsburger
    Free Member

My friend had his here, it was inexpensive and the parkland setting is very nice.

http://www.morden-hall.moonfruit.com/

poolman
    Free Member

the island on the Thames at Surbiton – Ravens Ait I think its called.

ajc
    Free Member

I had my reception at Gate st Barn and very nice it was too. My brother had reception at Putney rowing club which was also a great venue.

rewski
    Free Member

Went to a great wedding in Syon House

TatWink
    Free Member

Burford Bridge Hotel – Box Hill.

Had my wedding there, stunning location at the foot of Box Hill, lovely 16th century Tithe Barn for the ceremony, dinner and dance and within budget.Food very nice.

Best day of my life and all feedback from other guests was that it was superb.

You can go for a ride in the morning as well……!!!!

philtricklebank

I went to a great wedding a couple of years ago at the High Rocks Hotel, possibly a little further out than you want though.

High Rocks

Can get the steam trains from Tunbridge Wells to the venue on the “Wedding belle” train (spa valley railway), have a license for civil ceremonies and a huge barn for celidhs and the like. Also get access to the crags for champagne reception etc. – I remembered climbing there in my youth!

trevron73
    Free Member

Not South West London but ? “The Gallivant hotel” Camber East Sussex ,just won best Hotel wedding venue for London and the south East ,1 hour and a half from London,next to the beach and 25 mins from Bedgeburyfor a quick lap in the morning with the boys ,Im the Head chef.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Looking for a good wedding venue South West London’ is closed to new replies.