Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Looking for a decent commuter 'wallet'
  • tonyd

I’m being forced to think about Christmas and will soon be expected to provide a small list of things I’d like Santa to bring me.

About all I can think of other than the usual is perhaps something to replace my trusty Tesco sandwich bag for commuting duties. Doesn’t need to hold much – phone, wallet, keys, ID badge. I’m not bothered about being able to use the phone while it’s in there so doesn’t need to be a phone specific thing, but it would be good if it had a little compartment for it so the phone is protected from scratchy things.

Needs to fit into a jersey pocket and withstand your typical British winter(s). Budget about £30.

Suggestions?

dantsw13

Have you had a look at the collection of stuff from Beerbabe.co.uk made from recycled inner tubes?

I think she may even make bespoke, and well within your budget.

sc-xc
    tonyd

The Lezyne one looks good on paper but the reviews aren’t great and it looks like the phone pouch isn’t big enough for an iPhone (so most smart phones won’t fit).

Beerbabe stuff looks useful and I like the option of custom made. Thanks

RoterStern
    Free Member

I’ve got one of those smart wallets and yes the phone pouch is too small for a smartphone but it’s well made it means I can get out on the bike quicker without having to faff around looking for this and that when I know it’s all in one place.

TiRed

Have the Lezyne packs and the velcro is so strong it rips the seams apart after a while. Jimi wallet for cards, phone separate. Tools in a pouch in back pocket.

tonyd

Yes tools will be separate – usually in a tool bottle or I’m thinking of finding a pouch of some kind for them. Park used to do a nice looking one IIRC.

Not bothered about speed/faff, generally what goes in the tesco bag (wallet, phone, ID badge) are on the side waiting for me. Now I’ve thought about it keys usually go in a pocket separately anyway as I have to lock up when leaving and unlock bike locker at work.

tonyd

I just sent beerbabe a message with some thoughts, be interesting what she might be able to do. As an aside that tool roll listed on her site looks pretty good.

iainc

Lexyne used to do zipped pouches that go in a jersey pocket, and I have an old one. It is/was very good. I rcently bought a couple of their ‘caddy sack’ ones, a small and a medium I think – they have a bulkier velcro roll closure and less space, so I haven’t used them at all 🙁

miketually
    Free Member

Wallets hold cards and notes.

Add coins and it’s a purse.

Once you add keys and phones and passes, I’m pretty sure you want a handbag. What you describe is a clutch bag, I think.

tonyd

rOcKeTdOg

Heartily recommend beerbabe, had phone wallet h normal wallet off her & they’ve been great. She’s designing a frame bag for me atm

tonyd

Just got a response from her, I gave her some requirements and she’s having a think.

rOcKeTdOg

Knowing Judy she’ll have a prototype made before this time tomorrow

dantsw13

Ive just bought a rOcKeTdOg and a Troll!!

Beerbabe
    Free Member

Thanks for all the support – much appreciated for my small business. I’m always on the lookout for new ideas & really enjoy the challenges of creating bespoke products. Currently working on a line of frame packs (all made from used inner tubes). 😀

Vortexracing

I got a beerbabe one to hold my phone and cards plus some dosh, great little thing and great service from Judy

As an aside that tool roll listed on her site looks pretty good

got one of those as well (the mini one)works a treat

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Love that Rohan, I’ll have one of those 🙂 .

iainc

That Rohan is smart. Anyone know if a phone will fit in it ?

chrisdw
    Free Member

I will check next time I head past the shop!

But they make a bigger one if you want to fit loads in!

http://www.rohan.co.uk/travel-bags-Dry-Safe-Organiser?ocode=03353405

tonyd

Bah, go for custom made. Check this out, Judy (beerbabe) made this. Can’t wait to see it in the flesh…

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Looking for a decent commuter 'wallet'’ is closed to new replies.