Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Looking for a car to replace another, but,
  • esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

What with?
    May need to get rid of my Mondeo 2010 Titanium X Estate for something that’s…

Automatic.
    Economical.
    Cheap RFL & insurance.

Wev’e got an Xtrail for dragging the caravan & chucking the bike & stuff in/higher ground clearance etc so don’t really need the Mondeo, even though It’s a lovely quiet thing to drive, & economical for what it is. Mrs Egf has now got some medical problems which inhibit the driving of a manual a bit.
    Open to suggestions but could do with something that’s worth what the Mondeo is. (with 112K on it)

Any pointers?

bikebouy
    Free Member

redsox
    Free Member

inlaws just got a Kia Cee’d auto, diesel, 1600, seems quite nice and not too small

fossy

The Yaris is awesome – we had our 1999 car for 17 years from new. Sold it to get a big car (along side my car) and the new owner was chuffed. Reliable motors.

matt_outandabout

Older Yaris +1

Don’t think about RFL to much – other running costs dwarf it my experience.

allfankledup

If you are looking for a car for the mrs, and she has medical issues, you might be better off getting something taller than a wee yaris type thing – purely for ease of getting in and out… just a thought

personally – berlingo..

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

If that Mondeo wasn’t miles away from North Yorkshire I’d be looking at it!

I had thought about a Yaris actually. I assume that red one’s a 14 plate?

rossburton
    Free Member

Honda Jazz.

martymac

+1 for getting something a little higher, its a lot easier getting in and out.
    berlingo good shout, renault scenic?
    i have the renault, its the last thing on earth i would have bought, but its comfy and drives well.
    avoid diesel ones like the plague though, horrible engine.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Edit, beaten to it..

bikebouy
    Free Member

Kahurangi

IIRC automatic Jazz’s have a premium because they’re ideal older person’s cars (FWIW we love our manual Mk 1 Jazz).

I had ’03 plate a Yaris and it never let us down. My little brother has it now.

Is this an opportunity to try something electric?

fooman

An auto version of your Mondeo?

https://www.gumtree.com/p/ford/2010-ford-mondeo-2.0-tdci-140-estate-titanium-x-6-speed-auto-high-spec-rare-2-owners-fsh-not-focus/1271470273

Is gumtree where private sellers are these days? eBay/Autotrader seem to be mostly dealers.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Is this an opportunity to try something electric?

Can’t see us finding anything within budget TBH.

trademark
    Free Member

@ fooman, not sure about the answer to your question but I have found Gumtree to be, generally, cheaper than eBay & Autotrader.

northernmatt

What they said Jazz or Yaris. Going to be looking for something similar for the missus at some point soon. I briefly looked at VW Polos but the RFL on the ones we were looking at (2002ish) were extortionate for a 1.2/1.4 engine.

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

We had an 02 diesel Yaris for a good few years.
    Only got rid because it was a 2 door model, which wasn’t ideal with child seats etc.
    Bought it at 18 months old with 50k on it. Put another 80k on it without a hiccup.

Loved the car. £20 Tax and cheap to insure.
    In the days when Quidco used to pay good amounts of cashback on new insurance policies, we were sometimes getting almost the full premium back as cashback!

bigjim

With a heavy heart I’ll be scrapping my 01 Yaris next week, needs a few hundred quid to get through MOT so not worth it. Such an amazing reliable, cheap little workhorse car.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Looking for a car to replace another, but,’ is closed to new replies.