Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Looking for a bike shop that sells Pinnacle bikes
  • jonah77
    Free Member

Can anyone suggest a bike shop in Somerset/Bristol area that sell Pinnacle bikes?

Jamie
    Free Member

Pinnacle is Evans in-house brand.

So Evans.

http://www.evanscycles.com/stores

boxelder

Aren’t they only sold by Evans?

iainc

Where’s Jameso when you need him 🙂

akira

Yeah it’s just us who sell them, some nice bikes this year even though Jameso hasn’t taken any of my suggestions for new models. What you thinking of getting?

jonah77
    Free Member

From another thread, someone suggested a Pinnacle Arkose Two. It could be the perfect bike for me. The problem is that I want to buy it via the bike to work scheme and work has a bit of a unique scheme but have negotiated special deals with bike shops in the Somerset/Bristol area. I’ll give Evans a call.

jameso

Jameso hasn’t taken any of my suggestions for new models

Did you suggest a fat bike? )

akira

Yeah I might have suggested that…….
    Now I think I need a gravel racer! Impoverished this year due to imminent new baby but I’ll happily test something. 😉
    Jonah it was me who suggested the arkose, very nice in the flesh and pretty adaptable.

jonah77
    Free Member

Ah apologies. Reviews are good and it would give me the opportunity to make my commute much more fun with the odd bit of off road. Will make enquiries tomorrow.

jameso

Now I think I need a gravel racer!

The Pyrolite, landing soon. Black kit, BB7 SLs and more fork clearance than this early version –

Like a tighter-clearance Arkose, or a Dolomite that takes big tyres. Ok up to 35-38C w/o guards.

akira

Woodchipper style bars? Hmmmm might fill a gap in my shed.

stills8tannorm
    Free Member

This might be of interest for anyone considering an Arkrose.

Arkrose Content

Conqueror
    Free Member

Whats the Pyrolite ETA/RRP likely to be roughly?

jameso

Shipping now so due in late Feb. £1000 RRP, 105 (Tiagra FD/CS) and BB7 SL with HS1 rotors, all carbon fork, Alex CXD26 rims. Same spec as the Arkose 3 aside from frame, fork and tyres.

monkeychild
    Free Member

That pyrolite looks sweet. This could be my future commuter bike (need road geo but with the ability to off-road when I want to).

jameso

Update spam, pics done, stock arrived. Looking like 32-35 depending on brand is the limit on the back of the seat tube rather than the 38s, due to the shorter road-length stays. If it had longer stays it’d be so close to the Arkose as to be not worth it so no suprise. 25s fitted as std. Loads of space for wider guards etc.

Done a couple of 100+ milers on one now, one in the dark on bigger tyres with a 100 lumen light – ie hit a few minor holes on the way. No bother. Love it. tbh with 32+ tyres the difference in comfort between Al and steel is hard to tell / gone and the impression I got was the lower weight (or same overall as a steel roadie with calipers) and a bit more drive stiffness.

Pyrolite

mattsccm
    Free Member

Late version looks gash compared to the silver spec one.
    Has potential I reckon.
    Weight?

Mister-P
    Free Member

Aluminium James? You’ve changed 😆

Hope all is good with you.

jameso

Aluminium was always good? : )

mattscm, thanks. I think 😀 I reckon the black looks better up close with the blue matt, the silver BB7 SLs and 105 bits stand out nicely. Silver one looked like it was trying to be retro, or even cheap? Couldn’t decide. Anyway. I have some tanwalls one one here and it looks good. Weight – will weigh one later this week, haven’t done so yet. About 2 BB7 SL calipers, a bigger dropout and a smidge on the fork’s worth over the Dolomite 5?

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Looking for a bike shop that sells Pinnacle bikes’ is closed to new replies.