Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Looking for a 29 x 2.4 tyre
  • JohnClimber
    Free Member

Name me a 29″ x 2.4″(or more) fast rolling tyre with side knobs for the front end for a tubless (or Ghetto) set up please.

Ta

nedrapier

conti x king?

frogstomp

Ok, so not 2.4 but the Rocket Ron 2.35 sizes up pretty big.. I imagine the Nobby Nic would be similar..

tymbian
    Free Member

Maxxis Ardent TR dual compound 2.4..brilliant tyre. Not to be confused with earlier models. This is the new incarnation.

robhughes
    Free Member

Superb tyre
    onone

bonesetter
    Free Member

^^ How do you use yours?? Front/rear? and what type fork?

robhughes
    Free Member

Front.smorg on the rear.Bouncy fork.. 😉

JohnClimber
    Free Member

I’ve a Chunky Monkey on another bike and know it’s a good tyre but after something more fast rolling.

Keep um coming

bonesetter
    Free Member

What about the Hans D…?

I used one last winter up front on a rigid and a boingy – both fine

JohnClimber
    Free Member

bonesetter – Member

What about the Hans D…?

Too knobbily on the centre ridge,

JohnClimber
    Free Member

I wish the Crossmarks were 2.4″ wide

hatter

Currently running a 29×2.4″ X-king ghetto tubeless on the front of my fortitude.

Great tyre in the dry, very grippy if you run it softish. The side walls on the lighter (racesport) version are pretty porous so be sure to bung loads of sealant in there the first time you mount them as you’ll loose a fair bit out the sides at first.

A bit lethal in mud though so I’ll be swapping to a 2.4″ mountain king when winter kicks in.

As with any conti tyre, stick to Black chilli versions if you can afford them.

fr0sty125
    Free Member

High Roler II? I just put on DHF 2.5 on the front instead of CM and a DHR II 2.3 at the back instead of a Smorgasbord. So far they roll marginally better than the on one and are better under braking. Overal grip seems to be similar maybe better traction on DHR II compared with the SB.

john_l
    Free Member

Bontrager 29-2 2.35 TR.

Just about fits in the back of my Jones (ie comes up big) & is v fast rolling. Or Maxxis Ikon 2.35.

jameso

Maxxis Ikon 2.35, same volume as an Ardent 2.4.

For a ‘faster summer tyre’ I just use my older worn-down Ardent 2.4s on the rear.

Candodavid
    Free Member

I’m waiting on the Rock Razor from schwalbe landing in 29 form. That will be a fast tyre

Paceman
    Free Member

Maxxis High Roller II 3C TR 2.35 is an excellent front tyre and has the gribby side nobbles you’re looking for. An Ardent looks like it would fit the bill as well although i’ve not tried one.

chakaping
    Free Member

Gotta be the Ardent for your requirements, no?

Has the advantage of being Maxxis as well.

akira

Specialized do some pretty big 29×2.3 in a varying range of chunkiness.

john_l
    Free Member

The Spesh tyres come up small.

AlexSimon

Another vote for Ardent
    The 2.4 is pretty aggressive though – even in the middle.
    Probably slightly faster rolling than the HR.

The rock razor looks like it will fit the bill if they release a 29er version.

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Cheers for all the replies and your coments have been noted.

But I’ve just nipped out to the garage and found an old wtb weirwolf 2.55″ that will be perfect for the time being

bonesetter
    Free Member

I really rate that weirwolf.

Mine is years old and have donated it to a mate who is using it. Amazing grip for such a subtle looking knob depth

chakaping
    Free Member

If they did the Weirwolf LT 2.55 in a tubeless 29er version…

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Looking for a 29 x 2.4 tyre’ is closed to new replies.