Viewing 5 posts - 81 through 85 (of 85 total)
  • "looking busy at work"
  • bikebouy
    Free Member

Nah I’m always busy, rather be productive and engaged me..

Though I’m still here working 😯

CountZero

I truly wish I had the time to sack off a bit and actually sit in front of my computer, but it doesn’t look like that’s going to happen for a month or so. Even when I’m sat down at my desk, I’m usually scanning barcodes to update various databases, but that isn’t getting done; I’m currently doing a job that used to have six or more people doing it, and if I get called to do something else, at least three others do what I usually do on my own.
    I’m knackered at the moment. 😐

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Also, sometimes, reading stuff on the internet is actually work anyway. so who’s to know what is work and what is not. We have people here who’s job it is to be on facebook all day – social media marketing!

The only job in the world where you don’t have ANY temptation to use FB at work EVER, I’ll bet. Hehehe.

Also http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boss_Key

Northwind

I do our facebook page. Irony being, I’m really not into social media, so I had to learn facebook first. Meanwhile everyone else in the office is never off it.

thomthumb – Member

Maureen retired and when inquiring to whether Maureen would be replaced the response was along the lines of “Well Barry left 6 years ago and Maureen took his corner desk, she then put up a lot of ‘personal artifacts’ shielding her desk from view, over the years she finished some projects and avoided new ones – in fact no one is sure she’s done anything for the last 3 years! We only realised when she left and asked around!”

I took over a job from a lady who’d retired after about 20 years, I spent quite a lot of the first month discovering that jobs she used to set aside entire days for, that everyone thought were massive, took about 10 minutes.

And the rest of the time discovering that she’d avoided ever explaining anything to anyone, so all the jobs that took her 5 minutes with her 20-years-of-experience voodoo took us hours.

scaredypants

Sadly, internet usage was monitored by internal fraud. Apparently spending an average 3 hours 40 minutes a day with STW open was gross misconduct.

I have wondered about that

One of my workplaces is a desk-based job. They also have proper browsers with tabs. I have stw on auto-reload all day long, so that when I do flick over it’s at least up to date. I imagine I could be argued to be constantly watching stw.

Viewing 5 posts - 81 through 85 (of 85 total)

The topic ‘"looking busy at work"’ is closed to new replies.