Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Looking at buying a large framed Specialized 2015 camber FSR evo 29er?????
  • t160man
    Free Member

I’m looking at buying a large framed Specialized 2015 camber FSR Evo 29er.
    Before I splash the cash, can anyone recommend any other models to consider?
    I like the look/spec of the 2016 carbon Trek top fuel 9.8 but that’s almost twice the price of the camber Evo.
    Please reply to this post with any comments, or better still email me direct at geezer961@gmail.com
    Cheers
    Gary

mikewsmith
    Free Member

probably a list of 30 or so bikes….
    (wouldn’t bother putting an e-mail up it will only attract spam)

What do you want from the bike? Hard to know what to suggest if you don’t say what you want it for.

t160man
    Free Member

Lack of info in original post, sorry.
    Currently riding a 2013 trek rumblefish, looking for something a little lighter, could have less travel than the current 120mm front/back, as would be used for the odd race.
    Camber Evo 29er has same travel but more XC riding position/design.

shortcut

Loving my 2015Camber Evo having done everything from Scottish trails centres to Bike Park Wales, cc races and BC Bike Race on it. One bike for most stuff show I look at it.

mm93
    Free Member

Giant anthem/sx?

djflexure

Devinci Atlas Carbon – XP model is 2.2 at Freeborn I think.

I’ve just built up a frame – like so far. May be more versatile than Camber.

Rockplough
    Free Member

Weight it up then get a Whyte T-129 instead like wot I did.

philb88
    Free Member

Was looking at both of the Camber Evo and Whyte T129.

In the end I went for a Camber Evo as I got a great deal on CamberEvo UKEdition that had all the extras I wanted as standard.

The Whyte did look good though and had a dropper as standard, but preferred the look of the normal Camber Evo.

scandal42
    Free Member

I was going to get the Camber Evo but got a deal on a Whyte t129 SCR frame.

Love it so far, similar bikes in truth but the Whyte seems more active/supple in the suspension which I preferred.

Both great bikes.

ks562
    Free Member

Other half bought the Camber Evo in February. So positives, first off it’s his favourite bike he’s ever ridden/owned (except the Nomad he demoed but it was never an option) it’s been well tested on downhill days at Inners, standard riding at Glentress & Golfie, as well as rocky stuff in the Lakes and it has performed brilliantly. He didn’t demo many other bikes though he just tried this and new it was what he wanted. So all glowing so far, but a few teething issues… first of the wheels aren’t great – the bearings went after two rides both on the demo bike he tried from the concept store and again on the one he bought so these were replaced from the off. Also the Reba forks blew up spectacularly three weeks ago and whilst Leisure Lakes have been superb warranty wise (he is getting a new set) this was still frustrating, especially has it took him a while to get them dialed in (he went for three tokens in the end). Upshot being he ended up buying the new FoxFit 34s as he wanted to ride the bike and they have transformed it! We sat the other night and worked out he has changed a lot of components on the bike in a short space of time (only thing now orginal for his are the frame, rear shock, cranks, brakes & rotors and rear tyre…) so yes he loves it but he changed it a lot from the original to get the spec he wanted. My advice would be to get a demo and give it a go!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Looking at buying a large framed Specialized 2015 camber FSR evo 29er?????’ is closed to new replies.