Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Looking at an old 4wd Hyundai Santa Fe
  • spekkie
    Free Member

15 years old. 150000 miles on the clock. Seems Ok . . .

We need something with 4wd for winter and this had come up for 2 Grand.

Fingers crossed . . . .

jerseychaz

Its Korean, should go forever, don’t overthink it….it will be fine 😯

We bought a 1993 Renault Twingo with apparently 25k kms on the clock – its as good as gold apart from a rattle from one tappet which I CBA to fix at the moment.

Good luck

spekkie
    Free Member

I’m hoping if I look after it, it will be good to me!

finbar
    Free Member

I’m not familiar with second hand 4WD prices, but that sounds awfully expensive…?

spekkie
    Free Member

It could be expensive by UK prices. This is in Spain where there is a painful shortage of second hand cars because so few new cars were sold during the Spanish Crisis from “2008 until a couple of years ago”

Over here its the best price we’ve seen for this sort of thing.

mountainman

Have a 2004 Santa fe Diesel .Only issue really has been corroded front brake pipes at NCT(MOT) time,track rod end .Plus oil pressure switch failed which was good a least spraying oil everywhere but at least the underside got a good corrosion resistance coating .
    Does on average 40 to the gallon n pulls like a train .

swedishmatt
    Free Member

I had one between 98k and 120k. The diesel injectors were probably sour when I bought it as it ran a bit rough on low revs and slight exhaust smell under hard acceleration.

Net: at 150k the injectors are possibly waiting to fail. One Hyundai dealer I spoke to said anything after 80k is a lucky draw visavi injectors.

Apart from that loved it. 7 seats, powerful, heated seats etc

spekkie
    Free Member

Sounds like it should be good for a while then as long as I keep an eye on it and do anything that comes up.

winston
    Free Member

Had a Terracan. Failed at 80k due to injectors. Wasn’t worth repairing due to a raft of other faults including the low fuel light not working which led to running out of diesel and started off the injector problem. Brilliant offroad though! Bought it through a maindealer and they were so incredibly incredibly shite to deal with that I would never consider another Hyundai

muzz
    Free Member

Sold a 05 Tucson with 100000 recently, similar think.

Cheap, big wafty tank that feels cheap but it’ll do the job

trail_rat
    Free Member

injectors are a limited service item on every vehicle . its just that most folk ignore.

spekkie
    Free Member

muzz – we had a Tucson in South Africa and we’d buy one here if we could find one at the right price.

Hands down it was the best new car value for money wise that we ever bought.

woffle
    Free Member

Our neighbours had an ancient Hyundai 4×4 – the thing was bomb-proof and fantastic in the winter snow. This reminds me it’s probably time to sell my 2WD station car and look out for something along the same lines…

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Looking at an old 4wd Hyundai Santa Fe’ is closed to new replies.