• This topic has 58 replies, 36 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by cp.
Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • Look wot woke me up a 5.30am (pic content)
  • BadlyWiredDog

mad that like si! what car you thinking of now? has to be german i reckon (skoda, Vw, audi).

You didn’t hear about the D-Day landings and stuff then?

firestarter
    Free Member

got me there lol, id give the local station a bell after 7 this eve as it will be same watch on and ask them

tbh we write them out and send to control centre at birkenshaw ive never been asked for one.

i presume control would sort it out its not something ive ever had to deal with tho

i can find out and let you know later tho when im at work but it wont be til about half seven mate

firestarter
    Free Member

i think the reason i cant think of what goes on is i cant remember the last non stolen car we got on fire lol

squiff
    Free Member

Mick

Thanks for that

Barney_McGrew
    Free Member

FDR1’s are no longer in use (so its unlikely you’ll get a copy from the station) as everything is now computer based. The Incident Recording System (IRS) report will be held at control and they’ll be able to post it out to you. If you are in Mick’s area here’s the details for numbers.

http://www.westyorksfire.gov.uk/contact/contact_general.htm

Cheers

Paul.

firestarter
    Free Member

cheers paul 😉

stumpy01

If you have the V5, you can check your VIN number against this? Not that I guess that’s much good now!?

http://www.whatcar.com/car-news/peugeot-and-citroen-order-recall/217846

zaskar
    Free Member

What really happened:

mrsflash
    Free Member

where’s the ostrich?

squiff
    Free Member

So wot car for £5000 to £7000, got kids so has to be a biggish car or estate

MJaus
    Free Member

Hummer

GTDave
    Free Member

squiff:
    So wot car for £5000 to £7000, got kids so has to be a biggish car or estate

Mondeo. Will swallow bikes in the back very easily, and are very reliable. You’ll get a good 2007 Diseasel with all the extra’s in that price bracket too.

miketually
    Free Member

Our car did something similar, but ours was caused by some scrote smashing the driver’s window and torching it. There was a full tank of petrol and a gas cylinder in the boot so it burned well.

We had to claim on car insurance for the car, buildings insurance for the driveway, garage door and walls and contents insurance for the stuff that was in the car. That meant three lots of excess to pay. We also didn’t get a courtesy car, because it was classed as vandalism, not crash or theft – if they’d rolled it off the drive first, we’d have got a car.

enfht
    Free Member

MTFU, so it’ll be a bit windy without windows but essentially you still have a car so I don’t see the problem?

squiff
    Free Member

Update on my car, got taken away today, had a little tear in my eye, left a right mess on the car park floor, good news going car shopping on saturday 😀

Gary_M
    Free Member

So an 8 year old car bursts into flames for no apparent reason and there is absolutely no come back on the manufacturer. That doesn’t seem right to me, how can anyone get away with selling something that randomly burst into flames (when it isn’t supposed to).

druidh
    Free Member

You want Peugeot to be responsible for all the work which has been carried out on the car for 8 years and for every bit of wear and tear?

cp

no, at 8 years old there shouldn’t be any comeback from the manufacturer at all… pretty much as soon as it leaves their showroom, they have no responsibility for how it’s maintained/repaired/used etc…..

cp

bizzarely today i saw a citroen c4 which had had an engine bay fire at the bottom of eccy road in sheffield. wouldn’t surprise me if they used very similar wiring looms and designs 🙂

Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)

The topic ‘Look wot woke me up a 5.30am (pic content)’ is closed to new replies.