• This topic has 58 replies, 36 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by cp.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 59 total)
  • Look wot woke me up a 5.30am (pic content)
  • squiff
    Free Member

Yes that’s right my car was on fire, the fire guys say it was prob a electrical fault, Am gutted cos the car had just been serviced/MOT and i’ve just got some new roof/bike ranks 😥

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Jeepers! At least you were not in it and the insurance should cover it.

NWAlpsJeyerakaBoz
    Free Member

Wounded! 😯

mrsflash
    Free Member

Yikes and crikey 😯 (see alternative swear words thread). That’s a bit of a shocker.

theflatboy
    Free Member

jesus! what is/was it – a golf?

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Shame your bikes where in the boot ready to go riding eh? eh?

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Regular sight in Bristol.

Drac

Bit T-cut will sort that out.

squiff
    Free Member

Mrsflash

Yes very shocked, going mad on the internet looking for another car.

squiff
    Free Member

It was a 307

and yes so glad my bikes weren’t on the car, my life would have been over

xcstu
    Free Member

Jesus Si ;-o

I always questioned why you had that pug? Very lucky you were not in it with your kid!

lowey

Is it a peugot ?

Electrical Fault ? Surely not. 🙄

hora
    Free Member

Thank goodness it wasnt parked near your house!

squiff
    Free Member

Hi Stu

yes very lucky, god it could have happened at MM or when I go to the Alpe’s or When we go down to Newquay, bloody lucky

SiB
    Free Member

If you weren’t busy taking photos you might have had a chance of putting it out! Seriously, thats a bad way to start a day, hope all is sorted soon.

But your bikes WERE in the boot

xcstu
    Free Member

Si didn’t something fall off it going down to MM as well? 😉

Are you going to morzine by car?

foxyrider
    Free Member

Not wanting to blame anyonw but

car had just been serviced/MOT

?

xcstu
    Free Member

I second that… your bike’s WERE def in the boot 😉

mt
    Free Member

I hope that making illegal insurance claims for bikes are all discovered and those that make them are then forced to pay everyone elses premiums. Alternatively they are charged with Deception and fined. Scumbags.

squiff
    Free Member

NO bikes are in my safe location, there all good, Just 2 umbrellas in the boot

geetee1972
    Free Member

Out of interest, did you stop to take pictures before you called the fire brigade or afterwards? 😉

Here is a funny/related story, which is 100% true.

Years ago the Renault Scenic had a bit of a reputation for spontaneously combustion due to electrical problems. Some friends of my parents were at Woburn Safari park in their Scenic with their 3 year old and a five year old. While in the lion enclosure (yes, it had to be in the lion enclosure), the car caught fire. When the 5 year old said ‘Daddy, the car’s on fire’, no one believed him until the parents saw the smoke coming out from under the bonnet. The whole family had to get rescued by the rangers. They passed the kids through the windows into the Landy while another ranger stood by with a tranquilizer gun. All very surreal.

squiff
    Free Member

geetee1972

I called them first 😆

epicyclo

Still got an MoT? Scrappage trade-in coming up?

hora
    Free Member

I remember an Audi going up years ago- **** the heat was umbarable for a long way off! Dont know how Firefighters put up with it!

New car? VW Passat estate?

proteus
    Free Member

Still got an MoT? Scrappage trade-in coming up?
    er, no.

montylikesbeer

OOOPS

neil853
    Free Member

mad that like si! what car you thinking of now? has to be german i reckon (skoda, Vw, audi). what did the ins say?

bigyinn
    Free Member

Surely that’ll polish out?? lol
    Seriously, sorry to hear about the car, hope you get it sorted!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

is that the cat on the front of the engine?

SiB
    Free Member

Mt – scumbags? Bit harsh isn’t for an insurance claim to make you feel slightly better about your car going up in flames?? To me scumbags come describes the type of crim who rob your bikes, invades your personal space and property, affects your life. Scumbag to harsh for insurance fiddle, save scum for murders, peados, terrorists etc

On the 1 – 10 scale (10 the most insulting) I wuold rate scumbags as around the 8-9 range. Personally I think claiming for a non existent bike in a burnt out car warrants a 3 – v minor offence, scally not scumbag.

No, I have never made an insurance claim on anything so certainly not fraudulently. Would I if my car burnt out? Probably

squiff
    Free Member

Hi Neil

Insurance were really good, I guy from the insurance company are coming out to inspect it at the local garage and will prob offer me shite money, we will see

pjt201
    Free Member

what is there to inspect? surely if you send them a photo it’s proof enough that it’s a write off! shouldn’t it be at a scrap heap not a garage too?

smiffy

My Porsche did that.

Do you live in Govilon?

AndyP
    Free Member

No, I have never made an insurance claim on anything so certainly not fraudulently. Would I if my car burnt out? Probably

Scumbag. Probably.

firestarter
    Free Member

are you in west yorks squiff . (just looks like our brigades new helmets and engines lol)

zaskar
    Free Member

At least nobody was driving it at the time!

(Think I’ll keep my car on the edge of the driveway from now on!)

Nice garden btw.

stumpy01

Was it an early yr 307?

I think I remember reading that quite a few 307s went up in smoke with electrical faults.

Did you get the marshmallows out??!!

squiff
    Free Member

are you in west yorks squiff

yes I live near skipton west yorkshire

Was it an early yr 307?

yes it was a 51 reg so 2001

firestarter
    Free Member

at least you got the best brigade lookin after you lol 😉

squiff
    Free Member

Mick (firestarter)

How do i go about obtaining a fire report from the brigade lot?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 59 total)

The topic ‘Look wot woke me up a 5.30am (pic content)’ is closed to new replies.