Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Look what's up for sale now…
  • takisawa2

Bloody hell.

kayak23

Jeez, what will they want next? Blood?!

stilltortoise
    Free Member

The single worst effect of this is people not giving blood. I’m a regular blood donor and my first response – prior to actually reading the article – was whether I would continue to donate. Knee-jerk? Yes. Worrying nonetheless

righog
    Free Member

Thanks for posting. I will be watching this one closely. Seems the current government, throw ideas into the air and see which ones get people complaining the most, then change their minds.

DezB
    Free Member

So where do PRUK get their blood from? Article says its not the same a the NHS Blood Service so, stilltortoise – yes, that is a bit of a silly knee-jerk reaction.

DickBarton

Is this because their biggest purchaser (‘Professional cyclists’!!!) are now riding clean and they need to raise funds elsewhere?

ohnohesback
    Free Member

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Certainly the NHS organisation I work for doesn’t get blood products from them.

DezB
    Free Member

It appears their only link with the NHS is to supply the NHS with blood. PRUK is owned by the dept of health, but I cannot find where they get blood from… almost definitly not from the NHSBlood Service… but where?

DezB
    Free Member

The US?

Northwind

According to the Lords debate, all of their plasma comes from their US partner DCI Biologicals in the states.

Drac

So are we to be outraged at something we don’t anything about, appears to be making a loss and can be sold for a profit?

Ok I’m in,

bearnecessities

Being called Drac, I’m not surprised.

binners

Private equity firms as buyers? So quite literally putting the vampires in charge of the blood bank? What could possibly go wrong?

noteeth
    Free Member

Private equity firms as buyers?

Cinven are a classic example – the owners of Spire (previously BUPA hospital assets).

Very dependent upon NHS acute capacity and workforce training, though they wouldn’t care to admit it.

Northwind

Drac – Moderator

So are we to be outraged at something we don’t anything about, appears to be making a loss and can be sold for a profit?

Is it really a problem if part of our healthcare system is making a loss?

OTOH, it’s probably a bit concerning if it’s currently making a loss but people are going to spend £300m to buy it- obviously they expect to turn it to profit, so I reckon it makes sense to ask who will be paying for that.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Look what's up for sale now…’ is closed to new replies.