Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Look what they did to my sky
  • ooOOoo
    Free Member

Did they route every plane in europe over cheltenham today?
    1pm

4pm….looking North

4pm….looking East

genghispod
    Free Member

I feel your pain. I was out riding on Sunday and the sky was clear blue. May never see that again.

ooOOoo
    Free Member

Yeah exactly, I was getting cloud rage!

40mpg

Had exactly that conversation earlier. A few days of quiet in the countryside, and superbly clear blue skies… now gone.

Its made me realise just how much crap these planes put out, and how much cloud appears in their wake!

bassspine
    Free Member

it's vile. I want the clean blue sky back.

It makes me sad – we may never see that blue again.

ooOOoo
    Free Member

I've never seen clouds actually forming like that, the wind was really light so they just lingered for hours

tang
    Free Member

really made my birthday ride on sunday up in cranham. been marveling every day.

SammySammSamm
    Free Member

The little thin vapour trails trigger the formation of cirrus clouds – it's not all from the planes, but the planes do cause them. Shame.

footflaps

don't worry, I'm sure there will be another eruption soon enough…

ooOOoo
    Free Member

Bring on electric planes

judy-rockshox
    Free Member

I live right next to Gatwick. It's been heaven. You can hear the birds and smell the flowers. Shame. Most of us wanna go on holiday though.

yunki
    Free Member

the volcano gets my vote.. we sat and watched any trace of blue sky summer slipping away here..

have woken again this morning to a very pale milky blue number.. I'm really quite fu*cking upset by it to be honest..

tomdebruin
    Free Member

I live near the airport in Yeadon and looking over that direction it's all wispy clouds now. I hadn't realised that planes were responsible… maybe we should throw hand grenades into volcanoes. There was a plot to do that on Inspector Gadget once, it was cunningly disguised as a pineapple.

Jamie
    Free Member

I think there is nothing for it but to offer up a sacrifice to the volcano to get it spewing again.*

*Just after 3rd June tho, as have to take my mum the airport.

————————————————————————————

For Tom:

Inspector Gadget – Volcano Island

1 [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMi866z6yhA]2[/url] 3

warton
    Free Member

wow, i never knew planes did that. trigger clouds that is, really sad isn't it? but how come on some summer days you do get perfect blue skies?

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

there was an article on radio4 about how they were taking the opportunity to measure the effects of con trails on solar radiation reaching the planet's surface. Apparently the reflect radiation away during the day and reflect it back at night. It's actually quite a significant effect

jon1973
    Free Member

Bring on electric planes

Maybe ones with giant twisted rubber bands to power the rotor

konabunny
    Free Member

That's what Cheltenham looks like? Looks quite nice.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Look what they did to my sky’ is closed to new replies.