Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)
  • Look what the cyclists have have done now!
  • HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

http://www.kingstonguardian.co.uk/news/10535610._Sorry__I_panicked___Kingston_crash_driver_says_cyclist_spooked_him/

A driver whose car mowed down pedestrians and smashed into a bus during Kingston’s rush hour said he panicked after colliding with a cyclist who shouted at him.

He said: “Of course I regret. But it is not just my fault.”

“I think people cycling, they need to pay due attention. There are too many bicycle people on the road.”

wordnumb
    Free Member

I blame that Donny Mcasskill, encouraging all these trick riders and stunt flipping, it doesn’t give you wings it’s all animated by goblins.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

“Of course I regret. But it is not just my fault I drive a silver 3 series and an I therefore a driving god, somebody must have put the bus and wall there

radoggair
    Free Member

put my hand up, it was my fault. I lived in kingston some 20 years ago so must of sparked this outrageous spanning of cycling. Got the drivers number so i can call him and apologise??

Marmoset
    Free Member

“I’m sorry. I panicked, and out of the 2/3 pedals I had at my disposal I chose the accelerator and then decided to drive over a wall and some people…”

If someone is liable to panic on crowded roads, is London (or the UK in the whole) really the place for him to be driving around?

Matt24k
    Free Member

Shibob Li, 49, the manager of Chinese Medicine and Acupuncture

I hope that the driver was drugs tested. Maybe all that Tigers penis made him a bit paranoid 😉

parkesie
    Free Member

Cyclist pedestrian bus. HAT TRICK

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

Less than 5 minutes before that I passed there with my 2 year old on the back of my bike. 🙁

bigrich

put my hand up, it was my fault. I lived in kingston some 20 years ago

I lived there ten years ago, so it was more likely to have been me.

stumpyjon

It just beggars belief he doesn’t think it was his fault. What will it take for drivers to realise they are completely culpable for what they do behind the wheel. The press reporting never helps, that report is so one sided giving the scumbag who caused all the problems a voice, where’s the cyclists version events, or the pedestrians view, I was walking on the pavement minding my own business when this lunatic tried to balence his car on a wall after turning the wrong way into the road. I think people driving, they need to pay due attention. There are too many driver people on the road.

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

What a coincidence its almost a year to the day since I bitch slapped an Audi A3 onto the pavement in Leeds.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Shibob Li, 49, the manager of Chinese Medicine and …….

Wild guess – Mr Li is Chinese?
    Of course, there’s no ****ing bicycles in China, is there?
    Strewth……

mikewsmith
    Free Member

and not all people with Chinese sounding names come from China….

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=DTy3WA0Pq8M[/video]

Of course, there’s no ****ing bicycles in China, is there?

I like this song. 🙂

Matt24k
    Free Member

“There are nine million bicycles in Beijing
    That’s a fact
    It’s a thing we can’t deny”
    According to Katie Melua

Damn that SS Shep. He beat me to it. Must lose the 2×10 as it’s obviously slowing me down 😳

JCL
    Free Member

“Shibob Li, 49, the manager of Chinese Medicine”

Couldn’t have happened to a nicer guy. Karma is a bitch ha ha ha…

unklehomered
    Free Member

Wow!

“The Cyclist I hit had the audacity to shout at me! Can you believe it? I was so shocked I ploughed my bike onto the pavement, through some pedestrians, then along this wall and, errr, into that bus.”

Yup seems reasonable. What did the cyclist say that was so shocking? Must have been pretty witty and scathing. I mean if its just “What are you doing you bloody idiot” I’m going to be disappointed…

akira

At least all the comments seem to see through the dreadful reporting.

slowoldgit
    Free Member

the manager of Chinese Medicine

You’d think he could take something for all that anxiety

D0NK

At least all the comments seem to see through the dreadful reporting.

anyone who doesn’t has got to be the epitome of the clarkson parody*.

but yeah pretty shoddy reporting.

*assuming all that guff is actually an act.

bencooper
    Free Member

There’s end-on parking in front of my shop. On at least half a dozen times in as many years, people have forgotten to stop when parking and hit the front of the shop.

My favourite was the person who hit the shop, panicked, reversed across the road, up a 45-degree slope and hit a bus stop.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

The man’s a bloody danger & shouldn’t be on the road!!!!! He breaks the law, causes an accident & then tries to put the blame on someone else!!!

Shibob Li, 49, the manager of Chinese Medicine and Acupuncture in Fife Road, was at the wheel of the BMW that careered out of Fife Road the wrong way into Clarence Street.

Taken from The Kingston Guardian.

DrP

There are too many bicycle people on the road.

We should give this group a name…

DrP

D0NK

We should give this group a name…

****ing ****s isn’t it? That’s what drivers always shout at me.

GrahamS

Terrible reporting. It seems to gloss over the detail that the driver was apparently going the wrong way down a one-way/contraflow!

It just says: “..at the wheel of the BMW that careered out of Fife Road the wrong way into Clarence Street.”

The comments make it clearer that he was likely trying to use the bus-only contraflow as a shortcut.

Why on earth has he not been charged??

samuri
    Free Member

****ing ****s isn’t it? That’s what drivers always shout at me.

Maybe they know you. 😉

andytherocketeer

Panicked so did a hit and run, and turned not just the wrong way up a 3-lane one-way system, but must have absolutely floored it the wrong way out of that street (over a ped+bike crossing) to be able to mount the brick wall. The distance from that side street and the final position of the cars can be measured in car lengths (not very many of them).

crazy-legs

was at the wheel of the BMW that careered out of Fife Road the wrong way into Clarence Street.

See even the reporting makes it sound like he wasn’t at fault.
    He was at the wheel of the BMW that careered…
    Makes it sound like it’s the BMW at fault while he just sat there unable to do anything.

You get similar across the board:
    This phrase is often used when talking about single vehicle accidents…

“The car left the road…” – what it got bored of being on tarmac and decided to just wander off? Or the **** driving it bollocksed up a manoeuvre or drove too fast for the conditions?

unklehomered
    Free Member

OK, I don’t about anyone else, but when I get a little panic on, had one yesterday as some traffic light on either side of a road in Harrogate gave conflicting signals (they’ve been rejigged for the Yorkshire Show and these seem to have gone a doo-la), but in that and other instances, my feet go for the brakes, and the clutch. That’s the instinctive reaction isn’t it? I don’t out of panic perform some elaborate and legally dubious escape manouvre.

Am I doing it wrong?

mrlebowski
    Free Member

This article has better reporting:

Link

A police spokesman said: “At this early stage it is believed a car, a grey BMW 3-series, was in collision with a pedestrian in Fife Road, Kingston.

“The car then drove off from the scene, turning the wrong way into Clarence Street before colliding with a number of pedestrians. The car then collided with a double decker bus.

“One woman, no further details, was treated at the scene before being airlifted to hospital.

“The other pedestrians are not thought to be seriously injured.

“The driver of the car is also being treated for injuries and will be taken to hospital – he has not been arrested.”

NOT BEEN ARRESTED???!!! WTF NOT???!!!

bencooper
    Free Member

Well, you arrest someone to stop them getting away – I guess that’s not an issue here.

ahwiles
    Free Member

GrahamS – Member

Why on earth has he not been charged??

because, you can get away with killing people if your weapon of choice is a car, it helps if your victims include a cyclist or 2.

our friend Shibob *merely* seriously hurt a few people with a car, the poor lamb.

Leku
    Free Member

Was the evil minion driving?

D0NK

This article has better reporting:

it’s still the car that did all the nasty stuff – and the poor driver was injured too! If a cyclist had run down and injured 3 people I’m not sure it would have been reported as

a bicycle mounted the kerb, hit three people who needed hospitalisation and the rider was also injured.

more along the lines of “wreckless cyclist tries to kill pedestrians etc etc”

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

it wasnt me guv, honest, I only work in kingston and my ride goes the other way, I was riding towards hampton court in a westerly direction your lordship.

crappola reporting but the missing news is the original argument between driver and cyclist. I read it as the guy nearly hit a cyclist coming out the road past the restaurant and then really didnt have a clue where he was going and turned right into the lights, colliding with pedestrians and ending up on the wall opposite. If he was lost and didnt know where he was going then it starts to add up.

EDIT: so turning the wrong way up a one way street and mowing people down with a car is allowed these days?

unklehomered
    Free Member

If he was lost and didnt know where he was going then it starts to add up.

I think I read he owns a shop in that immediate area…

GrahamS

I read it as the guy nearly hit a cyclist coming out the road past the restaurant and then really didnt have a clue where he was going and turned right into the lights,

The article says “Mr Li said he lost control of the car after colliding with a cyclist who shouted at him.”

And also mentions that he is “the manager of Chinese Medicine and Acupuncture in Fife Road” which is the road he was on.

unklehomered
    Free Member

I think I’ve worked out what manouvre he was attempting to enact…

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAp9sFVdERQ[/video]

tomtomthepipersson

OK, I don’t about anyone else, but when I get a little panic on,…my feet go for the brakes, and the clutch. Am I doing it wrong?

Everything. You should close your eyes and hit the gas (Page 36 of the highway code -Blind Panic and General Freaking Out on a Public Highway).

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Look what the cyclists have have done now!’ is closed to new replies.