Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Look what Stuartie made today (new-ish bike content)
  • stuartie_c
    Free Member

Long standing project nearing completion. Still needs some fluid in the brake system (just air in there at the moment), Spesh Phenom saddle, lighter grips and copter taping.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

That looks kinda fast.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

the wheels look wrong

stuartie_c
    Free Member

the wheels look wrong

How so?

It's pretty light and will be fast – pity about the rider.

Built up with a mixture of ebay purchases (frame, forks, seatpost, shifters, pedals), stuff I had in the shed (brakes, saddle, cables) and some new shiny bits so it doesn't look too shabby.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

they look hexagonal

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Oh, that.

It's fine, they're round where it matters.

radoggair
    Free Member

looks light and fast and quite good looking. Need a test rider???

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Need a test rider???

You after a wee shot?

JoeNation
    Free Member

When the wheel stickers look round, then you're in trouble. Nice ride.

radoggair
    Free Member

You after a wee shot?

When its done, wouldn't say no!!

stuartie_c
    Free Member

When its done, wouldn't say no!!

Done now, apart from needing a shorter stem and new grips. Not keen on the brake levers either; can't get them and the shifters just where I like them.

You'll get your shot soon enough, as long as you don't break it.

househusband

It does look rather bloated and heavy, don't you think..? 😉

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Yup – it's the fat, heavy grips that do it. Double the weight, they do.

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Needs flat bars as well…. 😉

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Needs flat bars as well….

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

will
    Free Member

Now that is nice!

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

But they'll save weight!

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Aye, but when you turn the bike upside down to remove the wheels so it'll go in the car, it'll wobble around.

I lose sleep over such matters…

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Lol! You know, that is the one thing I hate about my hardtail! Plus the first 15 minutes on any ride on it when I feel like I'm constantly going to go over the bars. I think it's fun.

How was the ride today?

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Didn't make it. 😥

Coughing up green stuff this morning – looks like the cold has finally set in.

How were hills?

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Alright. Did a pretty simple walk up and over Ben Ledi. Was pretty chilly up top but lovely views whrn the cloud lifted. I was secretly sniffing potential bike trails, didn't find many that wouldn't involve a lot of hike a bike!

househusband

Did a pretty simple walk up and over Ben Ledi.

The descent from Ben Ledi (well, Stuc Dhubh) is fantastic – some great singletrack lower down when you get into Stank Glen.

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Yep, walked down that section which has an easy fireroad up too the top bit. I walked down 'visualizing' how good it would be too ride down! Which direction do you get to the top of Stuc Dhubh from? Hike a bike surely?

househusband

Which direction do you get to the top of Stuc Dhubh from? Hike a bike surely?

It was hike a bike for me, but the other two managed to pedal all the way up the back of Ben Ledi from Glen Finglas!!!

We parked up at the FC car park at the bottom of Bochastle Hill (opposite Kilmahog), rode along Loch Venachar to Brig o' Turk, up Glen Finglas and then Gleann Casaig to Stuc Dhubh. There was actually very little bike carrying, even at the top, as the ground was pretty solid – this was June last year.

Have no photos from the descent; a good sign that it ****' ace – but do have some from the climb and top. Am just about to email you the link to my Flickr page.

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Cheers househusband, much appreciated.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Look what Stuartie made today (new-ish bike content)’ is closed to new replies.