Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Look what just turned up in the post. Best thing EVER content! :D
  • binners

Check this out!!!!

On last years football thread I boldly asserted that Man Yoo (unlike this year) would definitely finish in the top four. Jambalaya of this parish disputed this, and wagered me a 20 quid Greggs gift voucher that they wouldn’t.

Now the Greggs gift voucher is a mythical beast. I’ve heard rumours of its existence, but I’ve never actually seen one in the flesh. And I know a thing or two about the nations premier purveyor of baked goods. If it was real, it was a truly elusive beasty.

He’s only gone and tracked one down, and it arrived in the post this morning

I am so happy! Cheers Jammers! 😀

*raises steak bake in salute*

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

This is how the right turn liberals, ladies and gentlemen 😈

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    binners

He did actually put some brexit leaflets in too 😀

I’d expect nothing less!

Pigface
    Free Member

Isn’t this a bit premature? the fat lady is’t singing yet?

binners

It was last years pig face. We’ve no chance this year, after last night. Well…. since the start of the season really.

Fair play to Jammers. He’s been determined to find the mythical Greggs gift vouher. The Greggs site lists them, but when you try to buy one, it just says this

Pigface
    Free Member

Ah fair enough, I hope it’s real as you will look like a bit of a nana proudly handing it over only to be met with a blank stare

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

only to be met with a blank stare

To be fair, most of the transactions I’ve had in Greggs have been met with a blank stare. Well….more of a thousand yard stare I guess.

binners

Thats lunch sorted..

😀

mrsfry
    Free Member

Heard on the news that the fire brigade and ambulance crew were called to Greggs.
    Some messy eater buried staff and customers under a avalanche of pastie flakes

perchypanther
    Free Member

Binners – have you considered sending a message back to Jamba that, considering his circumstances, £20 wasn’t enough?

Mumsnet would love you for it. 😉

MoreCashThanDash

Pretty sure I’ve seen the gift cards in store?

That is a lot steak bakes, steak and cheese rolls and cream filled Belgian buns.

I’m loving the number of double takes I get when wearing the cycling jersey though. At least drivers can see me now!

jambalaya
    Free Member

I thought it was £10 ? 😳 Hope you are not dissapointed, looks like I have another trip to make. I pondered for a while about getting the pink cupcakes one 🙂

You are too kind, its taken me 12 months to pay up, that would be worthy of some legitimate stick ! As you say it was a little bit like the search for fhe holy grail but Leeds delivered. Definitely be up for a ride someday, you’ll have to be very patient though.

binners

If it’s a passport to free artery-hardening pastry products, it’s all good with me Jammers 😀 I’d totally forgotten about it to be honest

jambalaya
    Free Member

@MoreCash correct next to the till in store, I had tried to organise it on-line (failed) and they don’t have Greggs in Paris either 😉

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Chapeau to jamba for that.

I’d also like to add that when I organised the Grand National sweepstake, he sent the money through, with a note added saying that any winnings should go straight to charity and not to him.

And that folks is 100% #jambafact. 😀

bigjim

I didn’t know greggs did sheets of acid now

thegreatape
    Free Member

This reminds me of when Boris presented HIGNFY and awarded someone a coconut. Lo and behold, by the end of the show he duly delivered on his promise. Three cheers for jamborisla.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Look what just turned up in the post. Best thing EVER content! :D’ is closed to new replies.