Viewing 33 posts - 161 through 193 (of 193 total)
  • Look what just came in the post! (warning On-One content/may need sunglasses)
  • firestarter
    Free Member

should have got my blue one lol im no good but look good in pink 😉

robbo1234biking

Actually its the first time I have got a new frame have always brought second hand before. Luckily it coincided with the anniversary so the mrs brought it for me (she got some hair straighteners) good deal in my opinion!

firestarter
    Free Member

dunno about that mate ive seen the price of some of those straightners lol enjoy 😉 ive a buyer lined up for my frame just waiting to hear back so i can click on a pink one 😉 still dunno tho about 16 or 18 tho

TomHill
    Free Member

Mick – Sorry for the late reply. I'm bob on in the middle of the range for an 18inch by the look of things. 6ft, and 32inch inside leg. Have ridden a 16inch frame and while it was fun for chucking around, it was a bit too wee for anything longer than a couple of hours blast.

firestarter
    Free Member

no worries captain im bang on between sizes too lol damn my little legs lol

Bosh
    Free Member

Prefer last years SS to be honest….. here is mine….

Is this years frame the same just different paint?

devs
    Free Member

Bosh,
    No this year you don't have to put your own anti chainsuch dent into the chainstay. There are also ISCG mounts and of course – paint! I've single speeded last years model which I rode for the 1st time tonight. Your front brake hose looks too short BTW!

firestarter
    Free Member

mine is the new chainstay model i do prefer the old graphics tho

paulosoxo
    Free Member

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

What's the ss like. How does it compare to the normal 456 and what size fork is on that.?

Si
    Free Member

God damn it they are ugly…

Bosh
    Free Member

Mine has the flattened chainstay…. No lumphammer work needed!

That front hose does look short! It's the camera angle as I have longer forks now and still have plenty of slack.

timc
    Free Member

robbo1234biking – Member

Mine has arrived! Wont get to build up until next week as at the in laws this weekend but looks great! Will post up pics of the build once it is done. Will be my first ever new frame – Ive always got second hand before

Have you built yours up yet mate?

robbo1234biking

No not yet – have got Friday off work so will do it then. Wanted to get it built up sooner but just havnt had the time! Should be some pics going up on Fri

Smuzzy
    Free Member

Arrived last week, just built up for the missus, 14" Barry White. She can have some gears when she's a good girl.

The seats low cos she's a absolute beginer, The steerer isn't cut in case she bails and I can use the forks on something else, and I know the front brake hose is waaaaaay to long, but I'll get round to it 🙂

grumm
    Free Member

That's really nice – good work 🙂

B@rney
    Free Member

Smuzzy that Barry White is class! I'm going to be running singlespeed like yours, is that an on one doofer – does it work/fit ok?

Smuzzy
    Free Member

Yup, Doofer, seems to work real well, but only done 2 laps of the close.

TwentyOneThirtyFive
    Free Member

Continuing the Barry White theme, here's one I finished tonight.

Bought the frame and forks after the forks failed on my Orange and since they had a 1" steerer, seemed easier to build a new bike using as much as possible from the P7. Now that I see her, I feel she needs either a black or a gold handlebar and a new saddle. And discs…

Minor gripe – impossible to get the back wheel off with the tyre inflated without removing one side of the brakes.

dan

TomHill
    Free Member

Loving watching the builds together. V happy with On-One. Ordered Saturday PM, arrived just before I set off for work this morning. Just wish I could afford to build it up before Xmas. Ah well. Makes a nice mantlepiece decoration until then.

grumm
    Free Member

Minor gripe – impossible to get the back wheel off with the tyre inflated without removing one side of the brakes.

Get some disc brakes then you luddite 😛

TwentyOneThirtyFive
    Free Member

Get some disc brakes then you luddite

What new devilry are these discs of which you speak? Next you'll be uttering voodoo such as "suspension"!

Seriously, had to build her on a bit of a budget as I wasn't expecting the old bike to die 🙁 Nice that we can still get frames for those of us stuck in the '80s 🙂

dan

poppa
    Free Member

I'll post mine on this thready when I get it build up. Won't be till January though.

WillSS
    Free Member

Far too many gears on this thread so here's a proper one!

http://i1015.photobucket.com/albums/af278/willsouthcott/DSC07826.jpg%5B/IMG%5D

Maiden voyage last night, feels great but observations: I'm 6ft, its an 18" and feels very ample in size. Seatpost is a 350 and I'm on the min insert level, recommend a 400! Got a 100mm stem, needs more like 60-70mm as a bit of a stretch. Not enough adjustment in the on-one chain tug screws if the axle is halfway along the slot which I'm at with a 34T/17T combo and new chain. Longer screws or a half-link chain will sort that. Running 120 forks off my old bike but after a while will do a back to back swap out with the GF's Fox 100s to see if it quickens things up a bit and impact to climbing. Anyone got any opinions on running 4" or 5" up front on a standard inbred? Especially the standup SS variety.
    Back to the mud…

http://i1015.photobucket.com/albums/af278/willsouthcott/DSC07827.jpg%5B/IMG%5D

Jase_MK
    Free Member

100mm on my slot dropout SS style inbred felt nice and quick and climbed very well. Still felt confident on steep downhills though.

gonetothehills
    Free Member

Looks nice Will – mine (same frame as yours) has 100mm Rebas on, a 90mm stem, and I'm 5' 11" on an 18". I don't know if it's the colour but I thought my frame looked quite large against my white 18" one – but it could just be me losing the plot… 😕

I've got the same chaintug problems – I've put an 18T on the back (32 up front) and whilst the 16T Surly cog was spot on with a regular chain, I've had to go to a half link chain to get the tension right with the 18T cog. I think it may be because my chaintugs have a square leading edge, and the dropouts are rounded (obviously). Maybe when the On One tugs come into stock next month as they're expected to do, they'll give more adjustment. Can anyone let us know what they're like please?

chainslapp
    Free Member

My sons frame turned up earlier!! Chocolate with cream decals. Loaded with coarse metallic flake in the base coat, not everyone's cup of tea but looks good in the flesh so to speak.

gonetothehills
    Free Member

That metallic chocolate looks rather nice, slapp – he'll be made up with it.

Anyway – there's way too many clean, shiny, pristine new On Ones on this thread 🙂 , so here's a pic of my slot drop Inbred with a muddy bottom…

I'm really very pleased with it – and like the spec I've got now, having done away with the brown bits, and the 18T on the back certainly makes it easier to get up th' hills – if a little spinny on the flat.

biker66
    Free Member

Here's mine at last

Seat down for a few rounds on the BMX track. Feels great. It's 18 and I was worried it would be too big. I'm 5'll, but ride a 24 inch BMX. With the 50mm stem it feels good and tight. I like that i don't need a bunch of spacers under the stem. Height feels just right.

shedfull
    Free Member

Mine's so close to being a useable bike, but buying on eBay has its risks and the lack of X-9 rear mech is because my seller took a long while to get it posted. The bike gets muddy for the first time at Swinley next weekend.

Munzy
    Free Member

Can't ride till dam chest cold clears up 🙁

duckman

Posting so I can check our flkr tonight!

poppa
    Free Member

I said I would add mine, so here it is:

I feel the coffee/chocolate/poo frames have been under-represented. My only MTB, now has a 'proper' chainstay protector, awaiting delivery of a 1×9 chainguide. Feels very different to my old bike. Photo a bit crap due to glare, the paint actually has a faint metallic sheen.

Viewing 33 posts - 161 through 193 (of 193 total)

The topic ‘Look what just came in the post! (warning On-One content/may need sunglasses)’ is closed to new replies.