Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 193 total)
  • Look what just came in the post! (warning On-One content/may need sunglasses)
  • grumm
    Free Member

Green one is looking nice, not too sure about the blue and brown, think either one on its own would look cool but not sure about both. imho 😛

sonik – mine is a 14". Its a 'play' bike for me and a regular bike for my missus.

ive chickened out of the headset fitting for tonight i think

MTFU 😛

Cheers grantway

GlennG
    Free Member

looking good fellas.

Yay, got my green sliding drop inbred when I got home from my night ride last night.

Boo, the missus has let me check it over but has now put it away till xmas (is a present from her), no amount of arm twisting is going to convince her that I need to build it now.

Must say for £135 it looks bloody well built, my Curtis costs almost 6 times the amount and I wouldnt say the quality of the welds is any better, but time will tell.

robbo1234biking

Can anyone tell me how long the gear cables would need to be for a 16" 456? Trying to order the outers so I can build up as soon as frame arrives!

Jase_MK
    Free Member

Front end done, just needs a drivetrain now.

bigyinn
    Free Member

On that orange frame, did i see non-slotted cable guides on the top tube?
    What is it with on one and solid cable guides?
    Apart from that nice frame.

alexonabike

What is it with on one and solid cable guides?

So you can run full length outers.

grumm
    Free Member

I was planning on running full length outers anyway so that's good. 🙂

Olly
    Free Member

i thought it was Singlespeed Grumm, dissapointed.

grumm
    Free Member

Was going to be but the missus wouldn't have it. 😉

bunnerscj
    Free Member

whats the paint like this time round, had one of the red 456's a year ago and some parts were not even covered in top coat, ie you could see the primer underneath especially where the seat stays met at the top of the seat tube ?

Any better, GlennG, 2 chain tugs waiting for you 😆

grumm
    Free Member

Paint looks good to me though I haven't checked it over thoroughly.

GlennG
    Free Member

Bunners, have checked mine over prior to the missus snatching it off me and it does look very good indeed, the inside of the seat tube could do with a clean up but generally the paints really good, my first On One so pretty pleased with the quality.

Got yours through yet?

Cheers on the chain tugs will get them off you on next mondays ride?

bunnerscj
    Free Member

My choc brown one arrived today just as I was leaving for work so not seen it yet but the box looks shweeeet ! 😆

grumm
    Free Member

So has anyone finished their build yet? I've just got the rear gear cable and shifter and the front brake to fit. 🙂

gonetothehills
    Free Member

Very close here – it's been ridden up the road and back – just struggling a bit with bleeding the rear brake. It'll settle down overnight, I'm sure, and if not – gives me something more to do tomorrow night.

I put my headbadge on (straight, I think) and sorted the saddle out. The chaintugs have had to go on back to front as they're not On One ones, and, nice as they are, don't fit the back of the dropouts quite right.

I'm looking at sorting the variety of colours out asap – with the red Reba stickers quite possibly being the first thing to go. The blue has to stay, and I do quite like the brown saddle and grips. Maybe in time the world will come to appreciate blue and green together… 😕

It does look like a very nicely finished frame – way better paint than my old white sliding dropout Inbred. Very pleased so far – just can't wait to go for a good ride tomorrow after work. It'll be the Winter Inbred in the morning with the mudguards and the like… in the rain.

Olly
    Free Member

ive decided to collect a complete LX groupset from 3 diffferent bikes, (instead of single speed) and then use that as an excuse to buy some x9 or x0 for my trance towards the end of the winter 😀
    (its going to be stripped and overhauled over the winter while the 456 is getting broken in)

top!

should be ready for the weekend

so like this, but with different cranks and without the SS kit

i reckon it would look REALLY good with white bars…… birthday coming up, parents and sister want a "Present priced" suggestion for me.

bars please!

grumm
    Free Member

Not singlespeed? I'm dissapointed Olly 😉

Junkyard
    Free Member

softies the pair of you

grumm
    Free Member

I put my headbadge on (straight, I think) and sorted the saddle out.

I spent ages moving mine around by very tiny amounts trying to get it right in the middle. 😉

Maybe in time the world will come to appreciate blue and green together…

Maybe, but maybe not blue, green and brown. Ths colour wheel says no

😛

softies the pair of you

Yup, I'm a big screaming hetero.

gator
    Free Member

The Pink is fantastic as is the Black

Working nights – can't wait to start stripping 3 other bikes to build them up, with all the best bits.

alexonabike

Where's my Barry White!!

ARGH!

poppa
    Free Member

Anyone got a photo of a brown 456? Just placed an order…

barrykellett
    Free Member

Where's my green pompino!

bunnerscj
    Free Member

Choc brown 456 arrived yesterday, unpacked today – looked the dogs other than it does not have the on one man on the seat tube !
    Nice though, cant beat a bit of brown 😆

poppa
    Free Member

Good news bunnerscj. I must admit, the new paint-jobs strongly influenced my decision to buy. I know, i'm a tart. Is the paint quality good as others say?

grumm
    Free Member

Yup, I bought the summer season pretty much solely because of the silly orange colour 🙂

Any more pics?

robbo1234biking

What delievery service do they use to deliver the frames?

alexonabike

Do On-one send out 'dispatched' emails or did the frames just turn up?

grumm
    Free Member

Not sure about the delivery service sorry – i didn't get an email.

poppa
    Free Member

I asked On-One about delivery. Apparently they use DPD, and you should get an e-mail with delivery details, but since things are very busy for them this may/may not happen. If not, you should be able to enter your order number into DPD's tracking system as the sender reference, then enter your postcode, to obtain tracking information.

Jase_MK
    Free Member

I didn't get any confirmation of dispatch or anything like that. I got a payment confirmation when I placed the order last week and then the frame just turned up at work on Monday.

bunnerscj
    Free Member

No dispatch email, just turned up, infact no one was in so they just left it by the door – luckily the back door !
    Cant beat a bit of back door ! 😆

GlennG
    Free Member

Bunners its well known you like a bit of 'brown', Mondays nite ride will take in Dukes Mound just to keep you happy 😉

alexonabike

It's arrived!! Yippeeee

Only slight quibble – there is a heck of a lot of swarf rattling around inside the frame. Any tips on removal – or just stop it rattling?

Olly
    Free Member

i didnt get any comms from on one, but im not complaining, as they container landed friday, and it was here on monday, so they wernt hanging around with getting them out.

🙂

blade72003
    Free Member

with all this talk about bikes would like to build one up using my old school kona and few upgrades on a Slot Dropout Inbred whats size bits will i need to do it so i can swap stuff rather than a build from scratch ie seat post bb and head set for winter hacker

Olly
    Free Member

BB shell is 68mm wide and English Threaded. I don’t know what length BB axle you need, please ask your crank manufacturer – the chainline needs to be 50mm (normal for HT2 cranks).
    Chainline, again, should be 50mm min. Smaller will mean your chainrings hit the chainstays. We did this to optimise tyre clearance with a nod to modern standards. Yes – they do have less chainring clearance than older inbreds. But yes – they have more tyre clearance and better durability too.
    Seatpost size :: 27.2mm
    Seatclamp size :: 29.8/30mm – clamp not included
    Headset size :: 1.125in (inch and an eighth). Not included either.
    Faced and chased disc mount and BB/Headtube :: No
    Waxoiled/Framesaved? :: No
    Frame weight :: 5lb (18in size)
    Colour :: Red only – no custom options

grumm
    Free Member

Nearly finished mine now – just got the front brake to fit. Took my first (sort of) ride on it, to the LBS, brakeless, to get some cables 🙂

Feels nice already though.

Jase_MK
    Free Member

Quick and dirty mobile pic.

Yes, the tyres are dirty and it needs a shorter stem. Maybe at the weekend…

Olly
    Free Member

last part, the front mech, comes today all being well.

expect liberal picture showers tonight and over the weekend

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 193 total)

The topic ‘Look what just came in the post! (warning On-One content/may need sunglasses)’ is closed to new replies.