Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Look what I could not finish Building a few days ago
  • Spankmonkey
    Free Member

Nice to see others current builds are going well, mine is Not quite going to plan, awaiting some grips, rotor bolts, furrels and most important a DT swiss rear QR adaptor kit (currently staged with a QR through a 10mm hub! grrrrrrr why trek use that daft rear is beyond me.. so far it is very very light

wwaswas

wall paper's a bit wrinkly and doesn't stop when it gets to the floor…

tracknicko
    Free Member

think your bars look quite nice without grips…

could you not just hold on tighter?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Spankmonkey
    Free Member

they actually put the nice logo under the grips

njee20
    Free Member

so far it is very very light

I'm going to take issue with that point 🙂

Looks nice, agree it's stupid that handlebar manufacturers so often put nice decals under the grips!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

those bars look very narrow, and those brakes very small?

racing_ralph
    Free Member

got some one ride old white superstar grips – any use?

firestarter
    Free Member

i used to have those exact brake but i had to go up to m4s as i got too fat 😉

Spankmonkey
    Free Member

Njee, the bike I meant is light considering its travel and intended use and vs stock weight + vs other bikes with as much travel , the wheels, brakes etc are a lot lighter than the stock kit, and it now has slightly smaller but lighter tyres

The bars are 680 wide and a good width for me, as for brakes, I always go back to mini's, love them, esp the 07's with 160mm rotors…

Rob – thanks for the offer but I have some yeti odi's comming!!

will
    Free Member

Love it. Think that is one of the nicest looking bikes, and love the colour scheme.

skiprat
    Free Member

Like it mate, haveyou thought about clear grips??

Make the most of the bars then.

Spankmonkey
    Free Member

thanks, I have to say im still not sure about the look of it, just hope it rides well… will got some new pics on a decent camera once it is cleaned up and more finished

Padowan
    Free Member

Did you build that up from the F&F that was being sold on e-bay a little while back?

Spankmonkey
    Free Member

yes…… well he included a few other bits, but its really just the original F&F

Padowan
    Free Member

Nice – I've got a Remedy 7 I got off the 'bay, in standard trim. It's just about usable on a XC route with climbing being just about do-able, but on anything downwards and rough it's superb.

Spankmonkey
    Free Member

Well i have only ever been a 1 bike person, so I had to lighten it up for a do it all.. glad as I just found a shop that can get and fit the rear hub conversion!!

jackthedog
    Free Member

I have to say im still not sure about the look of it

Really? I think you could kit out those Treks with componentry hewn from rotten animal carcass, fitted using a toolkit consisting of a damp mossy twig and half a breezeblock and they'd still be one of the prettiest bikes out there.

Bloody gorgeous they are.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Look what I could not finish Building a few days ago’ is closed to new replies.