Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Look what CRC Sent me today. grrrr
  • fivespot
    Free Member

This came in the post this morning. The jiffy bag envelope was perfect and unmarked, but the clear plastic bag inside that the sprocket was in, was shreded. So obviously some blindfolded pondlife must have put it in envelope damaged.

Rant over….aahhhhh thats better

jimjam
    Free Member

So your first thread got pulled because of your language, I guess you thought you would tone it down?

As I said originally…you seem to have conducted a thorough crime scene investigation so you must be right. It’s a certainty that some f***ing horrible, malicious simpleton at a bike shop deliberately sent out damaged goods than one of the good, honest, hard working members of the Royal Mail damaged it in transit.

skiboy
    Free Member

man thats poor, and i was thinking of ordering a pile of parts for my new heckler from them next week,

hello wiggle/merlin etc etc

i hate the way things are going with them as i was a customer when they first started out and have stuck with them over the decades, but in the 2 years i have found them inconsistent, sometimes absolutely useless with my longest delivery a record breaking 4 months and other times lightning quick delivery with no hassles,

but what smacks is the fact they seem to not give a toss most of the time.

abennell
    Free Member

Bit of heli tape and it will be fine.

Thats not good, i’d personally think it was royal mail rather than CRC but i don’t know nothing i don’t…

fivespot
    Free Member

jimjam…..I wasn’t sure if my 1st thread got pulled, or if i just forgot to press the post it button. Very obvious that it wasn’t damaged in transit, as the outer envelope was in perfect conditon, to do that much damage to a hard alloy sprocket would have caused noticable damage to the outer envelope. Not rocket science is it 🙄

abennell
    Free Member

That crap service from CRC then, hope you get it sorted soon

Northwind

That looks kind of like it’s been fitted, very badly= that’d be the easiest way to break it like that and the opposite hole has wear. Didn’t happen in the post, that’s for sure.

Junkyard
    Free Member

It will have taken some force to break that and even just handing that you would have felt it much more likely it is damage in the post for which CRC are not to blame. I assume they will replace and apologise despite it nor being their fault hey things happen give them a chance to sort it out.
    J E JAMES sent mine to the worng address and even though they knew this they would not refund nor send me a replacement till it was returned nor send the actual items to me till this happened. They suggested I pay again and then get a refund I suggested they should go forth and multiply.
    EDIT: why would the envelope be damaged? I can bend an envelope without any sign of damage
    Looks mor elike it was clamped across the middle holes and bent on the top right side where it warped the other side is unmarked so I doubt it was fitted and I find it hard to believe you can snap a ring fitting it I suppose if the snap was inside the mount point and the others outside and you then tightned it you might??

KINGTUT
    Free Member

That chain ring would have been in a pick bin with loads of identical rings, all wrapped in plastic, I can quite easily see how that would get picked without being noticed and from what I can tell a great part of CRC’s packing system is automatic so chances are it will get packed without being noticed as well.

Mistakes happen, anyway it looks like a Middleburn harcote ring, if so they did you a favour as they are shit.

andyl
    Free Member

+1 for likes like it has been fitted badly. The hole opposite the cracked on looks like it has had a bolt in it (silver inner) and it has cracked straight through the opposite bolt hole. Seems a bit too much of a coincidence that it would be bent exactly across the bolt holes. Maybe someone fitted it with only 2 bolts which would cause it to snap pretty quickly or they dropped the frame on the chain ring while building with only 2 bolt in as it doesnt look like a chain has been used on it.

Looks more likely to me that someone has broken it and send it back to CRC.

Also how come it was in a jiffy bag? I thought CRC only used their automated box system?

either way, sh*t happens. They send out and get back a hell of a lot of stuff and sometimes things slip through.

coogan
    Free Member

It might have got clobbered at the packaging machine thingy before being dropped in an envelope. They don’t pack everything by hand, how big a company are they? It’s fecked, annoying, but they’ll sort it out, so not that big a deal IMO.

beanieripper
    Free Member

So whats the big deal? Shock horror – chainring bent in post – not news is it. Despite your apparent dislike for crc i’ve never had anything other than excellent service from them for the last 15yrs or so..

nickegg
    Free Member

That’s odd. Never had an issue with CRC in 6 years of rding.

In fact, last week i ordered a seatpost shim that was in stock. After a few days i recieved an email to say “sorry but due to a stock issue it actually wasn’t available”. They refunded the original payment and also gave me a £5 E-voucher. What b@£tards 😉

alpin
    Free Member

i once had a Grio Hex delivered as part of a larger order. the main box in which all the items were was sound. the helmet box was simply destroyed. the helkemt itself had several breaks in it.

i sent CRC pics of both boxes and the helmet. they said there was no need for me to send it back to them and they sent out a new, not damaged helemt which arrived with me a few days later.

can’t complain. they’ve always been pretty good.

currently waiting for a reply re. my bent i-beam post which wasn’t/isn’t fit for purpose. fingers crossed.

Dancake
    Free Member

Jiffy bag? Everything I have had in the last 6 months has been in an enormous box (even a 2 quid HT2 screw)

porcaro
    Free Member

I had the same experience, a small £1.99 plastic clip and it came in a big cardboard box!! If they sent your chainring in a jiffy bag then they really have lost the plot!!

mamadirt
    Free Member

Envelope you say? Maybe I’ll start ordering from CRC again if they’re back to jiffy bags. Those cardboard boxes are a damned nuisance.

Sure they’ll sort it for you though.

fivespot
    Free Member

Yep, Jiffy bag. Which I don’t have a problem with. But the fact that the damaged sprocket in its shredded plastic bag were put in the Jiffy bag like that, is what got me wound up.

I am well used to Royal Mail’s attempts at parcel destruction, but to be fair, it wasn’t their fault this time.

To be fair also to CRC, I have had no previous problems with, having ordered dozens of items in the past, with no issues.

kaesae
    Free Member

That’s been jammed in a chain device at speed. Lower bolt hole second picture has damage and the bolt hole to the right of the screen is where the chain has come off and jammed. Pushing the crank ring to the right enough to snap it.

dhrider
    Free Member

Have you sent the pics to CRC? I bet they will send a new one out with no questions asked.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Chain did it yes that will explain all the chain wear on the teeth
    No chain has been on that ring look at the teeth in the second picture absolutely unmarked.

fivespot
    Free Member

Kaesae…stick to packing bearings with grease, you’ll never make a detective 🙄

Junkyard…correct. I suspect the nearest this sprocket has seen to action, is being run over by a warehouse forklift truck.

HughStew

Calm down dear.

It’s irritating for sure, but get in touch with them, they’ll give you a freepost envelope, you send it back and they’ll send you a new one no quibbles. That’s what happened when I got a damaged item from them.

I ordered some clothes from them yesterday, the package arrived this morning everything in order. Seems like the CRC time machine is still working somethimes

Basil

Me not paying for that.

fivespot
    Free Member

HughStew….thanks for your concern. I am calm (no doubt helped by a few bottles of old peculier). I can’t contact them until Monday. I don’t think the freepost envelope will be needed. I suspect after sending the photo’s, they will say “bin it”.

kaesae
    Free Member

The fools do test my patience!

You are having a laugh fivespot, a fork lift truck ran it over and removed the hard anodizing from the inside of the lower left side bolt hole ❓ , that I would have liked to see 😯 .

Hahahaha, to anyone with half a brain you can see what has happend to that ring. You can see where the chain has come off, dug into the ring and jammed against the inside of the ring and teeth.

Never been on a bike, then why are the teeth next to the lower right hand bolt hole first picture, marked ❓ . Oh yes I forgot, from being run over by a fork lift.

Hahahaha, genius at work, I’ll just post up a thread on STW, use it as leverage with CRC, whilst simultaneously embarking on a self righteous stropp out, Buahahahaa Muahahahaaaaaaaa.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Kaesae you are nuts mate look at the teeth they have clearly never seen a chain and you work in this “industry”.
    There is no way anyone can think a chain has been on that ring no way at all
    it is one tooth marked near the scratch what you want t ask is why all the others are unmarked if a chain was fitted 🙄
    you might want to consider why only one bolt is unanodised if it was fitted and snapped with the force you describe. Dont you think the other bolt holes would show signs of damage

kaesae
    Free Member

Kaesae you are nuts mate look at the teeth they have clearly never seen a chain and you work in this “industry”.
    There is no way anyone can think a chain has been on that ring no way at all
    it is one tooth marked near the scratch what you want t ask is why all the others are unmarked if a chain was fitted
    you might want to consider why only one bolt is unanodised if it was fitted and snapped with the force you describe. Dont you think the other bolt holes would show signs of damage

As always junkyard your genius astounds me 😯

You might be right, it has never been on a bike 😯

And as you so correctly point out none of the other bolt holes show any damage 😯

However looking at it again with fresh eyes based on your amazing powers of perception, I now think it might have been caught between two rings :mrgreen:

That has been on a bike, it hasn’t been run for long, but it has been fitted to a bike, hard anodizing is a tough finish. fivespot the teeth next to the top righ hand photo, can we have a closer look at them and the other side of the crank ring ❓

R.lepecha

I agree with kaesae.

It would only need to be on a bike for 30 seconds to break. Riding it up the street could do it.

That wouldn’t cause no marks to these hard coat rings.

IMO I dont think CRC would take it back if they thought the product had been used quite a lot before breaking as this would indicate it was fitted incorrectly or has been bashed rather than a manufacturing fault or courier damage. So clearly who ever had it before had only used it a tiny amount.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Look what CRC Sent me today. grrrr’ is closed to new replies.