Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Look Quartz Pedals
  • JohnClimber
    Free Member

Anyone use Look Quartz Pedals

I've always used SPD's, are these better?

I'm thinking about mud crearing and light weight.

Ta

rob2
    Free Member

hi, I've got two pairs. setting up the shims is a real pain but I like them. Not such a positive click in as spds but they've got good float. I've got bad knees and they are much better than spds. Good bearings too!

happysv
    Free Member

Time all the way 😉

JohnClimber
    Free Member

I like the firm clip in of SPD's so i guess Looks won't be as good for me then.

Why are time's better?

stuey
    Free Member

Will time cleats 'fit' any other make of pedal/(Quartz are lighter.)

Offroading
    Free Member

Why would cleats designed for one system and maker fit another pedal of completely different design ? I'll just go use some diesel in my petrol car next time…

No they won't fit, why would you want to use them anyway ?

I've got the Carbon/Ti version now, had the Cro/mo and Carbon version before. I love them, great entry and exit. I wouldn't recommend them if you are a goone who can't take 5 mintues to read up on the shim instructions…

FYI you can get 20 degree cleats to make them a bit clickier if the 15 dgree one isn't enough.

njee20
    Free Member

And conversely to offroading, I absolutely hated them, after trying all the different shim combinations I could never get them to feel nice, had several accidental releases, or had them just feeling really floppy and crap. After about 4 months struggling with the Cromo ones I tried the Carbon-Tis, thinking they may be better, they seized solid after one ride, which was lucky, as I could get a refund. The single worst product I've ever tried.

Then some people like them, so perhaps it's just me…

TheGMan
    Free Member

It's not just you njee.

I used them for 6 months spent time setting them up as instructed, but the left pedal released when not required all the time.

I used Time for years but changed as I got sick of the bearings wearing out too quick.

I have gone back to SPD's and wish i'd never changed from them.

Save your money and use shimano.

stuey
    Free Member

The pedals looked similar – and it would save me swapping shoes pedals with my ATAC fleet. I'll stick with Time.

JohnClimber
    Free Member

SPD's it is then.

Ta

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Look Quartz Pedals’ is closed to new replies.