• This topic has 8 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Haze.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Look Keo pedals
  • shermer75
    Free Member

Although I’ve ridden mountain bike SPDs for years, I’m now thinking about getting some Look Keo pedals for my road bike.

I’m locked in to getting Look Keos because that’s what they have at the velodrome and I’m sticking with the one pair of shoes.

However, I’m finding the range is a little bewildering. In ascending price order there are Easy, Classic, Max and then some crazy expensive offerings. My budget is limited, so what’s to gain by getting something other than the Easy?

eskay

The easys have a low insertion force and are aimed for beginners/people with injuries.

Go with the classics, you don’t really need anything above that.

shermer75
    Free Member

Thanks eskay!

bikebouy
    Free Member

Classic vote here too for you bu the more expensive versions are also very good..

Also, they’ll squeak/creak. Use either GT85 on the cleat/clip interface or a light grease/Vaseline.

cheekyget
    Free Member

Just got myself the carbon blade ones….they are perfect!!…and a great price too (£70ish)

TiRed

Get the Max Cromos. The high end carbon pedals have dragging seals, the low end pedals have a smaller plate and no metal so tend to creak. I have all of them.

If it wasn’t for the velodrome, i’d be choosing Shimano now because the performance is the same and the cleats aren’t cheese!

Haze

The draggy seals on my Blades were only really a problem early on, okay now they’ve bedded in a little.

TiRed

Both pairs of mine have dragged continually. Not what you need clipping in at the start of a race! I also broke a blade and ground an edge off one in a crash. The max’s are the best performance compromise. The Classics are fine too, the Easys are too low tension

Haze

Yeah I had exactly that in the first crit I used them in, front to back in about 3 frantic kicks of the pedal!

Thankfully not a problem with neutralised starts.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Look Keo pedals’ is closed to new replies.