• This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by jwt.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Longshot – manually entering IR codes for programmable remote
  • TheFlyingOx

I’ve got an old-ish Cambridge Audio AV receiver that I’ve lost the remote for. I’ve finally got around to installing surround sound, but the receiver is set to 2.1 mode with all surround outputs off. The only way to turn them on is to use the receiver’s on-screen display menu, and the only way to control that is with the remote.

I’ve got AnyMote from the Google store anyway cos it’s handy for all the stuff we have in the house, but there’s no pre-set remote available for my Azur 540R (version 3). Versions 1 & 2 are there but they’re not fully compatible.
    There’s an option to import a remote from .amsr or .PR5 files, and I can get the IR codes from Cambridge Audio, but I have no idea how to create one of the files.

Any ideas?

sharkbait
    Free Member

This may or may not help but I’ve just bought a used Logitech Harmony remote (a 300i for £12) and I’m impressed by how much better they are than the OEM remotes. They def support the 540R.

A quick google suggests they have good CS levels and will prob be able to help you out.

TheFlyingOx

Cheers, I’ll give that a shot.

jwt
    Free Member

Not sure if it’ll help, but some good resources here.
    http://www.remotecentral.com/

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Longshot – manually entering IR codes for programmable remote’ is closed to new replies.