Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • longshot – Electricians job wtd somewhere with some better cycling than the S E
  • lyons
    Free Member

Well, as the title says, i’m after an electricians job, somewhere with some decent cycling… I’m fed up of living in the south east… the riding isnt that great, lets face it…

So does anyone on here either have a job for a fully qualified, competent ( i like to think so anyway) electrician? Or anyone know someone who might?

I know its a massive longshot, especially wiht the recession etc, but i thought i may as well try…

I’d love to hear if anyone has…

Cheers Andy

saladdodger
    Free Member

Sorry but the S/West is a no go there is bugger all down here 🙁

lyons
    Free Member

ah, thats a shame, i love the s/w.

I should be gratefull i’ve got a secure job really.

Andy_K

Ha! No recession in west cumbria, they’re always recruiting at the Sellafield money fountain and at the associated contractors like the National Nuclear Lab.

Big move though, lakes are worth it!

saladdodger
    Free Member

Andy K

How do you get hold of nuclear ticket, they are always after leckys at Hinkley Point, but no ticket no entry 🙁

alwyn
    Free Member

There’s lots of good riding in the S.E you just have to know where to look 😉

lyons
    Free Member

not sure how you get the ticket. Its hard though from what i have heard, but yeah the money is meant to be very good…

lyons
    Free Member

alwyn, i know there is some preety good stuff here. Ive lived here for 22 years… but it doesnt compare to the lakes, peaks, scotland, wales, north devon etc etc for consistently challenging, riding. I’m just a bit fed up of chalky singletrack and muddy bridleways… the most challenging thing near me is aston hill…

Andy_K

No “tickets” required for NNL or Sellafield LTD employees, just a big fat security check that can take a few months. Capita are also beginning to do their own security checks for their job vacancies on nuclear sites. Construction contractors may have their own additional requirements such as JIB etc.

http://www.sellafieldsites.com/page/careers/current-vacancies
    http://www.nnl.jobs/graduate/skills.html

Andy_K

I’m starting as an electrician at NNL soon. Security does take aaaages though 😡

geoffj

Plenty of work for sparkies up here (Perthshire). This is based on my own experience of trying to get one for some work on the house.

Ticklinjock

If you fancy Scotland, try s1jobs.com – seen a couple on there.

eth3er
    Free Member

Sheffield is full of good ridings, there might be a few jobs going too.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘longshot – Electricians job wtd somewhere with some better cycling than the S E’ is closed to new replies.