Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Longshot – but does anyone have a diagram of the Fuel System of an RAF Tristar?
  • Daffy

I know this is a real longshot, but I need the thing for a project and had assumed it would be easy to locate…it's not.

L-1011 original would be fine too, but the RAF one would be better as it would allow me to detail how it has been altered for the provision of ATA refuelling.

Help appreciated.

Cheers,

Martin
    (University of Leeds Level 4 Aerospace)

[EDIT] Aww crap, mods please move to chat.

coopersport1
    Free Member
    higthepig
    Free Member

Try posting on this http://www.pprune.org/tech-log-15/, may have to ask them nicely and be prepared for some harsh banter.

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

I can ask people I know for you, don't expect instant results though.
    Email me with exactly what it is you need, and acceptable file formats.

Daffy

Coopersport – some useful info on the 2nd one (first one's for a 737), but sadly, it doesn't detail the fuel system in detail or the revisions made to it.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Google it! That's what the RAF do.

Not to mention the Islamic Jihadists.

soobalias
    Free Member

id also be grateful if you could provide detail of the security fencing and guarding timetable for the nearest tristar base.

thank you come again.

mikertroid
    Free Member

Daffy,

I used to, having flown them a few years back, however I'd suggest you contact 216 Sqn at RAF Brize Norton.

If you speak nicely, you may well get a visit and look at the Flight Engineer's station and the HDU units, helping you in your studies.

Let me know how you're getting on.

Mike

molgrips
    Free Member

Mr Woppit will on Wednesday.

IHN

I used to, having flown them a few years back, however I'd suggest you contact 216 Sqn at RAF Brize Norton.

If you speak nicely, you may well get a visit and look at the Flight Engineer's station and the HDU units, helping you in your studies.

There's a chappy on here (at least there used to be) what flies 'em from there.

molgrips
    Free Member

Congratulations. This is the longest shot ever on STW!

CountZero

I was going to ask if it was to get it through its MOT?

renton
    Free Member

mate i am going to brize tomorrow, do you want me to pop into 216 and ask them if they have anything??

email me exactly what you need an d i will ask!!

cheers

steve

PJM1974
    Free Member

Brilliant. The resourcefulness of this forum never ceases to amaze me.

Does anyone have a wiring diagram for a Mk6 Lightning?

ntreid
    Free Member

Blueprints for the Death Star? Anyone?

cycleworlduk
    Free Member

is it only me with my cynical mind that thinks terroist? great random question!

iDave
    Free Member

has anyone got a long stand for a feather sieve?

Fortunateson09
    Free Member

be prepared for some harsh banter.

Any excuse…

Daffy

Hello fellas, Wow, I'm stunned. Just got home from uni to find all this…STW never ceases to amaze me.

Miketroid, will do if the Renton hook up (?!) fails.

Cycleworld – check my e-mail – besides, what would I do with a diagram of the fuel system. Ah yes I can see it now, I'll aim my RPG for the most vulnerable part of the…..no wait it's actually full of fuel… 🙄

Renton YGM

saladdodger
    Free Member

If it helps any I do have the C130k drawings somewhere and the HDU info from the course I did, to boot

cycleworlduk
    Free Member

sorry! i just imagine a forum somewhere else with a similar question that may alert some security interest..

im just jealous,i wouldnt know one end of a plane from the other

mikertroid
    Free Member

Cycleworld,

To be honest the plumbing on the TriMotor in refuelling config is pretty horrifically complex. Had a habit of sloshing around the underfloor tanks at certain fuel load/speed combinations giving a slightly wobbly ride!!

Fantastic aircraft though.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

It's a perfectly reasonable concern cycleworld. In fact, I've already reported this thread to the Anti-Terrorist Hotline as I wasn't prepared to take any chances.

BTW the front end, is where the pilot sits. Usually.

ando227
    Free Member

HHHMMMM where did i put it? must have put it somewhere real safe.

Hairychested
    Free Member

[bottoms up]Gents, your exchanges mixed with rather a large quantity of Spanish red wine makes for a very fine evening. Please feel free to continue your discussion about the UK national security breach caused by the notorious Daffy and his inquisitions. [/bottoms up]

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

the notorious Daffy

Is that "Daffy" Gadaffy – the notorious Libyan terrorist ?

…….it's all starting to make sense now 😐

mikertroid
    Free Member

ernie

BTW the front end, is where the pilot sits. Usually.

You'll have the black omegas/vectras rolling up your drive any minute with that level of disclosure 😉

mogrim

cycleworlduk – Member
    is it only me with my cynical mind that thinks terroist? great random question!

Can't for the life of me think how the ATA fuel system of a Tristar would be useful to a terrorist – maybe 30 years ago to the Commies, but to a terrorist???

Stoner
    Free Member

Its not terrorism. He just wants to know where the fuel filler cap is so he can siphon some juice while it's sitting on the pan. Have you seen the price of unleaded these days?

anjs
    Free Member
    tumnurkoz
    Free Member

never serviceable anyway…

ononeorange

Best "out-there" STW question and responses, 2010! Excellent effort.

tumnurkoz
    Free Member

have you tried nimrod fuel system? i'm sure there was a very in depth report on it recently.

KonaTC

Daffy,

Giving your research topic you may find the report produced by Mr Haddon-Cave QC helpful as background information for the introduction of air-to-air refueling capability on to an extensively commercial aircraft fuel system. The Nimrod review was an independent review into the broader issues surrounding the loss of the RAF Nimrod MR2 aircraft XV230 in Afghanistan in 2006.

Link to report

There are also some more documents on the official MOD Website that may be worth a look. search: Nimrod crash

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘Longshot – but does anyone have a diagram of the Fuel System of an RAF Tristar?’ is closed to new replies.