Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Longshot: anyone live in or near Dronfield, Derbyshire?
  • RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

We’re probably moving near to Dronfield. Anyone know of any decent routes/pubs…?

adjustablewench
    Free Member

Loads in the peaks 🙂

ahwiles
    Free Member

almost perfectly placed.

loads of quiet road/trails out into the peak district.

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

Well, we’re currently renting in South West Sheffield so are less than half a mile from the Peak Park.

We’re hopefully buying in Unstone (slightly grotty area just south of Dronfield) and whilst crime rate, schools and flood risk all seem ok I’ve no idea about trails and pubs!

I know the Dark Peak(s) quite well but would like to be able to go for a spin without driving anywhere..

rogerthecat
    Free Member

It’s a decent spot, one of the guys I ride with now is from Dronfield and he keeps saying that there’s lots about. Never ridden there myself as I’m in the Peak itself.

MrNice
    Free Member

I don’t know pubs in Dronfield but there’s a lot of riding. Vertebrate graphics white peak book has a few routes near to Dronfield which will give you plenty to go at. I ride out from south sheffield to join them at Holmesfield. You can also link up to the eastern edge of the dark peak, especially now the moors partnership are opening up some more bridleways (details on the ride sheffield site). There’s even someone’s cheeky looking DH track in the woods.

Should probably add that apart from the stuff in the woods it’s all quite XC. It’s great for a ride from home but you probably wouldn’t drive for it.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Longshot: anyone live in or near Dronfield, Derbyshire?’ is closed to new replies.