Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Longshot : Anybody got an HTC Hero & use Talk21.com email??
  • foxylaydee
    Free Member

To cut a very long story short(and several hours of phone calls), can anyone please email me their incoming & outgoing settings?

I have used talk21 for approx 8 years now and i cant get it set up on my Hero. Have talked to HTC, my service provider, the place i bought the phone, searched online & googled til i'm blue in the face! None of the settings work.

The only person that can help it seems is someone who has the Hero AND had successfully linked talk21 to it

:-/

spacemonkey

I have a Hero but use Exchange and Gmail, so I can't help specifically with Talk21.

Try the Android and Hero forums:

Android Hero Forum
    HTC Hero Forum
    HTC Handsets Forum

Lots of UK users in the above so you should get some replies.

SM

foxylaydee
    Free Member

Thanks spacemonkey – i've posted a thread so hopefully i'll get somewhere. Annoyingly i sold my iphone to get the Hero and all of this was very easy with apple but if i cant get my primary email to work, i'll be back to square one! 🙂

spacemonkey

The other thing you could try is the following:

– set up a gmail account and havie your Talk21 forward everything to it
    – sync your gmail account with your Hero (which is what it's designed for)
    – set up a "Send mail as" account in your gmail to be the same as your Talk21 email address (this means all replies to your gmail emails will go to your Talk21 account, which will in turn forward them to you)
    – start using gmail as your primary account: it'll sync perfectly with your Hero, and any time you send an email from the web, you can have your Talk21 account set as the default for replies, etc.

I did the same when migrating from Yahoo to gmail a couple of years ago. Works perfectly. 🙂

If you want to give it a try and need a hand with the settings then let me know.

SM

foxylaydee
    Free Member

oooh ok, thanks spacemonkey – i have already synced my gmail account with the hero – but my talk21 account is my primary email addy. Ok, i will give it a shot but am not very technically minded so i may call on your expertise if reqd 🙂 thanks! 🙂

spacemonkey

No probs – PM me at:

sjp03uk at googlemail dot com

glenh
    Free Member

Yeah, I just forward/fetch all my mail (3 accounts) to my gmail account, which the phone syncs no problem obviously.
    That's the easiest way of doing it if you ask me, and has the added bonus that all my mail ends up in one place.

foxylaydee
    Free Member

i'm going to try this later tonight when i get 5 mins peace! fingers crossed 🙂

ads-b
    Free Member

Old thread i know, but does nayone know how to forward ALL emails from a talk21 account?

Richpie
    Free Member

Hi Chaps

I've recently gone from a Blackberry to a HTC Desire. My talk21 account works fine

Talk21 was bought by BT years ago, the in.talk.21 & out.talk21.com are not operational any more. you need to do the following and use these settings:

1./ Log into you talk21.com account:

options

Mail options

POP3 & Forwarding

click on "allow forwarding"

Save.

Setting up the mail use these:

Incoming Mail (POP3) Server – mail.btinternet.com
    Port – 110

Outgoing Mail (SMTP) Server – mail.btinternet.com
    Port – 25

Job done!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Longshot : Anybody got an HTC Hero & use Talk21.com email??’ is closed to new replies.