Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Longleat today
  • ThurmanMerman
    Free Member

Great ride on some very familiar trails, most of which are holding up quite well under the circumstances. Still amazed we did over 4.5 hours of riding and almost managed a 'perfect loop' (only a couple of short sections ridden twice). Plenty more to do there, too!

Thanks to Buzz and Gilles for coming along with a few of us locals. Also nice to have a post-ride pint for a change. Albeit in a chilly beer garden with an over-friendly chicken 😯

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

[scurries off to download chicken pics from phone]

Thanks muchly for showing us around. There were loads of nice bits I will never find again, and I got very disoriented – but it was probably just my hangover.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

oldfart

I'll try and come to one of these ! 😀

Janesy
    Free Member

Heh, 4 of were around there today aswell. Good riding, probably saw you at one point. Did you go down the hill in front of Heavens gate? My GPS data if you want a look.

http://sportypal.com/Workouts/Details/133682?key=c3c4b4300d4a10399387dcad260a139700793895&ms=0

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Dunno mate I, was following someones back wheel the whole ride 😀

Ta for the linky

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Someone drop their keys?

ThurmanMerman
    Free Member

This is a close approximation of ours, Buzz. Manually plotted on t'internet:

It was a paltry 20miles, BTW. Felt like a lot more! Total ascent was 2028ft.

'A' is the start/finish pub;
    Purple marker is Longhedge (road section past stables);
    Blue marker is Shear Water;
    Yellow marker is Heavens Gate.

The sprawling mass of conurbation in the NE corner is Warminster.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Cheers

allthepies
    Free Member

Cool – rode through that area last May and stopped at Heavens Gate to admire the view 🙂

randev
    Free Member

Cool map tool, what phone do you have?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Longleat today’ is closed to new replies.