Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Longevity of Mountain King 2.2 Protection Tyres?
  • foxyrider
    Free Member

I like the black chilli compound but my rear tyre is pretty thin – the centre tread is nearly gone now (no I don't purposely do skiddies etc 😉 ) – I did the 24/12 in them and found them a good all round tyre i.e grip vs mud clearance and cornering etc. Anyone else go through their's quickly i.e. Since beginning of February.

woody2000

I ditched MKs for that very reason, wore down in knack all time. This was just the regular folding ones too, I understand the BC ones fare even worse!

chakaping
    Free Member

My rear 2.4 Protection wore quickly to start with due to dragging the brakes down rocky mountainsides in Spain in the first week I owned them, but haven't fared too badly since.

The front is still in pretty good nick though, and the grippiness/rolling ratio is pretty damn good IMO.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    foxyrider
    Free Member

I think it must be a trade off I am sure – The front is fine – I just got another rear but when both are worn I may go for something else as its getting a bit costly 😉

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Longevity of Mountain King 2.2 Protection Tyres?’ is closed to new replies.