Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Longest you've waited for a bike?
  • RustySpanner

Looking like it’ll have been an 8 month wait before I finally get my frame.

Takes the fun out of it somewhat, doesn’t it?

How about you?
    Am I justified in being pissed off or is this just a minor blip compared to others?

Rorschach
    Free Member

About the same for the Codeine to be released.

noltae
    Free Member

I saved up for a Hutch Pro Racer out of my paper round – took about 13 months – one of best days of my life building it up ..

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    scotroutes

I think my Scandal was six months and when it appeared they’d changed the spec so I sent it back.

Have you paid for yours yet?

And if it’s from QBP I’d not be holding my breath. Seen too many instances of UK shipments being cancelled due to demand in the US

jimw
    Free Member

I was one of the people who put in a pre order and then was waiting for a 26″ UK built Rocket, so about 18months until I bought a 275 Rocket. I am happy now, wasn’t at the time we were told the 26″ was never going to get made, but Cy sorted me an-ex demo 26″ and a good deal on the 275 so it was worth sticking with them and I really like the bike.

maccruiskeen

I don’t think I’d be prepared to wait for anything – I tend to buy on the basis that the thing I’m buying is actually for sale. The only time I’ve had to wait for anything bike related is waiting for Wheelies to pull their thumb out of their arse.

RustySpanner

Not paid, shop won’t take our money till they know the frame has been dispatched.
    Due date put back another 2 weeks recently.
    Nothing else fits the bill, sadly.

Ah, forgot about the Rocket.
    Always, always someone worse off.

cloudnine
    Free Member

About 48 hrs.. Actually now I think about it.. It’s more like 54hrs

transition1
    Free Member

The frame I had on order has been cancelled as no more available, there were more orders than frames available. Will now look at another brand as frame I wanted none till 2017!

bencooper
    Free Member

I once took 12 years to sell someone a bike – he’d come in every few months, take it for a test ride, then go away to think about it. Eventually, much to my surprise, he bought one. Then never rode it.

So it works both ways 😀

solarider
    Free Member

14 months for a Pegoretti. Worth the wait? Nope.

I think that the wait built the expectation of something amazing, and it simply wasn’t. Nice paint job, but not particularly neat welds and the ride isn’t extraordinary.

A short wait makes the arrival all the more sweet, but a really long wait does take the edge off.

jools182
    Free Member

I promised myself a new bike for my 40th, low wages so almost 4 years later….

enduroforever
    Free Member

I’ve been waiting for around 5 weeks with about another 5 to go and sick already

happybiker
    Free Member

Currently waiting for my Genesis Datum frame, ordered in Nov I think. Got all the bits sat in a box and now starting to lose interest. Annoyingly the bikes have been available for a while but no frames!

ssboggy

Singular Rooster! Paid on Kickstarter April 2014 thinking they were arriving October 2014 actually received it August 2015 🙄

ajantom

ZumZum balance bike on Kickstarter. 14 months later still nothing! My daughter is going to be too big even if ever does arrive. TBH in my head I’ve written off the money! Has meant that I will never ever back something on Kickstarter again, as they’ve been a total shower of useless arses, and washed their hands of the whole thing 🙁

goldenwonder
    Free Member

I’m still waiting for a CX frame I was promised was on it’s way two years ago & AFAIK hasn’t even made 1st mock up, never mind the rideable Proto that was meant to be coming!

honourablegeorge

Still waiting for my Last Fast Forward. Although I Don’t think I can complain given the Singular experience above

Sam

ssboggy – Member
    Singular Rooster! Paid on Kickstarter April 2014 thinking they were arriving October 2014 actually received it August 2015

A kickstarter project is a bit different from ordering a stock item though, this was made clear from the start and you were kept up to date with what the issues were and why I was facing them. It was just as painful for me as it was for you, possibly even moreso…

LoCo
    Free Member

3 months, but just been told it’s on it’s way 😀

mintimperial

I was one of the people who put in a pre order and then was waiting for a 26″ UK built Rocket, so about 18months until I bought a 275 Rocket. I am happy now, wasn’t at the time we were told the 26″ was never going to get made, but Cy sorted me an-ex demo 26″ and a good deal on the 275 so it was worth sticking with them and I really like the bike.

Same here, although I didn’t get a 26er to tide me over! The new Rocket is pretty damn ace, though, it was worth the wait. 🙂

rocketman
    Free Member

Once waited 8 months for a motorbike

Ordered it on the strength of a picure in MCN and took delivery on Aug 1 when it was new reg day

It had been up on a stand in the dealers showroom for the previous week being coveted by local ne’er-do-wells

trail_rat
    Free Member

“ZumZum balance bike on Kickstarter. 14 months later still nothing! My daughter is going to be too big even if ever does arrive. TBH in my head I’ve written off the money! Has meant that I will never ever back something on Kickstarter again, as they’ve been a total shower of useless arses, and washed their hands of the whole thing “

You understand what kickstarter is right ? its not a shop.

your backing a business and some business’s fail – several fail to deliver in a timely fashion.

Sam

trail_rat – Member

your backing a business and some business’s fail – several fail to deliver in a timely fashion.

Exactly, Kickstarter is an investment platform – not a pre-order. Investments can and usually do take longer to come to fruition than first expected/hoped. Some fail altogether. All this is set out in the Kickstarter T&C’s.

penster
    Free Member

Currently (still) waiting..

For my Canyon Spectral ordered on the 17th of August 2015.

ajantom

“ZumZum balance bike on Kickstarter. 14 months later still nothing! My daughter is going to be too big even if ever does arrive. TBH in my head I’ve written off the money! Has meant that I will never ever back something on Kickstarter again, as they’ve been a total shower of useless arses, and washed their hands of the whole thing “

Yes, I am aware of all that 🙄 Just would be nice for Kickstarter to look into someone ripping off people with more than a metaphorical shrug and saying in so many words that sh1t happens.
    A little bit of compassion, or even just a simple apology would go someway to making me (and plenty of others) not feel like an idiot for backing a bunch of scam artists. But you’ve obviously never felt anything like that in your whole self-righteous life, eh?

BigDummy
    Free Member

My Big Dummy took a very long time. I can’t recall exactly when I ordered it. The Surly blog has preserved my email to them in February 2008, by which point I felt as though, while I had been waiting for ever, the delivery date was close. It wasn’t. My pictures of the build are from October 2008.

So about 10 months between desperately begging for news and the build. I don’t know when the order went in….

🙂

If you think of Kickstarter as giving some likeable chaps a small investment in the vague hope of a vanishingly tiny return, you’ll never be disappointed. If you think of it as buying a thing you want, you’ll drive yourself mad….

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

I kept ordering bits for my new (secondhand) Anthem in 2009. They arrived in various boxes at my mums house in the UK over the course of a year. I was working in Tasmania at the time and out there STW classifieds doesn’t exist. So I amused myself by building up a ‘virtual bike’ 11,000 miles away over the course of 13 months.

When I finally came back to the UK I was unemployed, so it took me a while to get round to picking up the bike and building it. I think the overall wait was something like 18 months. It was actually worth it though – the virtual bike was as awesome as I had imagined it would be..

bodgy
    Free Member

Still waiting for my Pine Mountain 1. Dammit. :o(

GolfChick
    Free Member

I think I’d probably wait a maximum of a month, otherwise for me theres lots of other bikes out there that would do just the same just in a slightly different way!

t-p26
    Free Member

Frame ordered 7th August 2015, never heard anything more, not a squeak other than “yeah we`ll chase it up has it really been that long?”
    6 months to the day cancelled then ordered something else, which arrived a week earlier than the 3 weeks I was told…:D

jamj1974

Six-months so far. Feels a very long time.

swavis

A Singular Puffin frameset. Won’t be buying via kickstarter again 😐

Northwind

Took me about 2 years to track down a Ragley Ti, I had 3 different stopgap frames in that time.

And for some reason it took me over 4 months to build my 224 Evo, I suppose I was just waiting for the bike, because I had all the bits.

ssboggy

A kickstarter project is a bit different from ordering a stock item though, this was made clear from the start and you were kept up to date with what the issues were and why I was facing them. It was just as painful for me as it was for you, possibly even moreso..

Sorry Sam, I wasn’t having a a go at you and I know the delays were out of your hand and that Kickstarter is not the same as ordering a regular frame/bike. Also you did keep us well updated along the way. Having said that as swavis I own be buying via Kickstarter again.

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘Longest you've waited for a bike?’ is closed to new replies.