Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Longest you've not ridden a new bike
  • cookeaa

I’m on a 3 month riding ban because im getting married…

Is her dream walking down the aisle to marry a slightly tubby, tetchy fella?

I’m pretty well under the thumb but my missus would never have imposed such a ridiculous ban, I’d have been a nightmare to live with…

She’d better be worth it.

philwarren11
    Free Member

I’ve been hitting the gym so i’m actually in better shape now than when I was riding. lol.

I don’t hang about riding and have only been doing it for two years, (have a look at most strava segments at BPW in the top 10 and you’ll see me), so a general lack of skill from not riding that long and a mix of large testicles has me eating dirt a lot.

warpcow
    Free Member

4 days for a proper ride, and that’s because I already had some riding planned that my other bike was better suited for. All the last few bikes I’ve built up are ready to roll within a couple of hours of the last component arriving and taken for a quick shakedown round the neighbourhood

On the wedding thing, I went the day before mine, and then the day after with some mates who hadn’t been able to make it before (terrible idea with the hangover, but great fun all the same). I always get a dirty look from the other half when going out the day before something big. In her defence, I did dislocate my thumb the day before our son’s due-date. In my defence, she always sprains her ankle on the second day of any holiday we’ve ever been on.

spud-face

Remember when chain reaction was selling off Mmmmbops cheapy cheap? A mix of economic downturn, other interests and being well aware of my lack of Gnar-skills means I’ve still not gotten around to building mine up.

Partly influenced by this thread I picked up a set of forks today (the last big expense that I’d been dancing around). So now it’s just headset, cables and tools I need to buy before deciding it’s not for me and sticking it on the classifieds…

fatboyjon

Is her dream walking down the aisle to marry a slightly tubby, tetchy fella?

I’m pretty well under the thumb but my missus would never have imposed such a ridiculous ban, I’d have been a nightmare to live with…

She’d better be worth it.

I rode on the morning of my (first) wedding – big group ride with most of the lads who were at the wedding in the afternoon, the ex mrs FBJ knew it was going to happen long before it was mentioned as did all the lads other halves.

My longest break from riding was after an operation, 8 weeks of no riding at all and it’s no great coincidence that we separated (and subsequently divorced) towards the end of those 8 weeks. I need to ride at least every other day for the sake of my sanity and those around me. Mrs FBJ mark 2 is more than happy with that, plus she can ride a bike too :’)

mcnultycop

Since I gave up my fat party lifestyle I’ve never gone more than probably 10 days. I’m now 20 days since I had a big off and broke my elbow and I am missing riding so much. Probably not be back on a bike until Mid Jan, and then easy stuff first. Frustrating.

Northwind

I spent months building my 224- I mean, entire evenings spent polishing out scratches. I had all the bits to build it in one evening but I ended up actually upgrading stuff before I ever rode it. Booked a couple of uplifts, did them on the trailbike instead, then when I finally got it ready to ride the inners uplift was full 😆 And I hate pushing up. So it didn’t get properly ridden for about 4 months after I started it.

chambord
    Free Member

This deserves a separate thread where we can all (a) Give you a shoulder to cry on and (b) Tell you you’re a wimp

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Longest you've not ridden a new bike’ is closed to new replies.