Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Longest time of not going out for a ride
  • simmy
    Free Member

Just realised its at least 10 days since ive been out for a bike ride.

Ive been busy with work and when I can go out I really cant be bothered going out in the cold and rain.

Been on the Turbo 2-3 times a week though.

Anyone else feeling lazy at the moment ? Is it normal or should I just MTFU ?

jam-bo

According to strava I clocked 22 miles in November and 6 miles this month.

That’s better than this time last year…

sc-xc

Mountain biking…I went in between Xmas/New Year last year. Going again on Saturday 8)

meehaja
    Free Member

I ride to work everyday, but not been on a “proper” ride for pleasure (road or mtb) since september. Kids/illness/bad weather os such a downer!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

3 weeks now due to being ill 🙁

Longest was quite a while (about 6months, and even then it was a year before i could ride properly) due to a knee injury that made anything more strenuous than walking on crutches difficult.

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

4 years… twice.

Uni in the mid – late 90’s and then again when I moved jobs and moved to the Lakes (yes… strange but true).

Life kinda got complicated and rubbish. But I am now getting out 2 – 3 times a week so all is good again 😉

dangerousbeans
    Free Member

About 22 years.

Broke my bike when I was about 8 and didn’t get on one again until I was 30 after a drunken comment that MTBing looked good.

Riding on the flat without falling off was hard for the first year.

skiboy
    Free Member

3 months as my arm was smashed, I’ve always cycled to work for the last 15yrs , well occasionally took the car but mostly road 4000 miles a year, that’s just about to change as I’ve just taken another Job that entails a 60 mile round trip,

mojo5pro
    Free Member

In winter, it can easily be a fortnight between rides.

hora
    Free Member

Broke elbow in 94…back 2002.

scaled
    Free Member

since i started riding again in Jan this year i’ve ridden every week bar when i’ve been away on foreign holidays.

The last 2 weeks i’ve not even ridden to work 🙁 travelling round europe with work + now working from home 2 days a week.

Sucks 😐

trailhound
    Free Member

Op that’s exactly my situation, work is mental at the moment and after 11hr days I just can’t face dragging my arse out into the wet and cold. I do feel slightly guilty like I “should” be out riding and not slobbing on the sofa (as I type!) last ride was a week last Sunday and am hoping to make it out this weekend.

Duggan

If I’m honest I actually prefer running to mtbing if I had to call it one side or the other…when it’s pissing it down and all the local trails are a massive bogfest it’s no contest really, I just go running instead.

So, probably quite a long time between rides at times.

mrphil
    Free Member

Since Feb 11 I have had 3 weeks off the bike in October/November this year to a crash.

Rain,sun,snow am on it.

Not going to vet fit/lose weight not riding.

Jamie
    Free Member

Depends. I ride my bike when I am injured from running.

Currently riding my bike a lot 🙁

composite
    Free Member

Did 12 weeks over the summer due to a broken arm. Had one commute and another 6 weeks off due to back to back illnesses.

Making up for it now though, 383 miles in November. 🙂

trail_rat
    Free Member

did 7 weeks in equatorial guinea without a bike…. but i was running twice a day.

did 4 weeks in turkmenistan with no bike …. and no real nutricious food to speak of so decided best i didnt go hammering my self with exercise – just some walking

officialtob
    Free Member

8 years off the bike due to turning 17, getting a car, and getting lazy (aka Fat).

26 now, been back on it for about 18 months and was totally gutted I left it so long! LOVE it. 😀 😀 😀

orangeboy
    Free Member

5 months off any riding with a knee injury. Been back on for the last 12 months but still not back to old form
    Just don’t have the motivation to train so just riding for fun now and feel much happier for it

yunki
    Free Member

about 15 years

I was too busy propping up bars and shooting up the contents of your medicine cabinet

sofaking
    Free Member

10 months with a smashed up leg, it seemed longer 😥
    almost cried with joy just pedalling down the street when I 1st got back on it

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

Snapped my knee which put me off for 6mths. Then used the bike as rehab and due to complications with the knee I ended up doing myself more harm which culminated in having another year off because I needed another operation and couldn’t afford to make the same mistake Again.

Finally easing myself back in and having done about 75mls in the last few weeks on cold night rides the buzz I have from a pain free knee is amazing. I have found my love for riding again so much that I am joining the local club and taking part in next years time trial series. Also planning a long overdubs strip down of the Sirius hard tail and finally get out on it after 3 yrs off

MostlyBalanced
    Free Member

I went a week last winter without riding when I went skiing. Apart from that and a couple of other skiing holidays it would have been 1985 when I did my Army basic training that I went any longer in my adult life without riding for pleasure. Wifey understands that a bike is an essential part of any family holiday.

miketually
    Free Member

Most years I do about 14 bike rides a year. That’s about one ride every 3.7 weeks, on average.

crazy-legs

Had about 2 months off back in 2004 or 2005 (can’t remember exactly!) when I broke my pelvis.

SaxonRider

Broke my collarbone in 2010, and immediately followed that up with 2 herniated discs in my lower back.

It was about 9 months before I was back on a bike. And while I use my city bike every day, I am still very cautious in terms of what I do on the mountain bike.

ourmaninthenorth

About 3 months off last year (after a 10,000 mile year before that). Similarly long this year due to health issues. Slowly getting back into it.

I think about riding bikes almost all the time.

firestarter
    Free Member

Until a few weeks ago when I got my new bike it was just short of two years

rocketman
    Free Member

Out of choice the longest time would be about two weeks in Jan 2011.

Had simply had enough of the cold and awful conditions.

mintimperial

Just had five weeks off after hospitalising myself following a difference of opinion with a set of jumps, and then reacting badly to some antibiotics whilst recovering. First ride back was wet, cold, windy, painful and **** brilliant. I’d be out more but life keeps getting in the way.

In the early 2000s I didn’t ride a bike at all for years out of sheer laziness, that was just a bit stupid really.

clubber
    Free Member

my longest is right now. I’ve not been riding since 27th October 🙁

It’s just been a combination of kids (particularly them being ill and not sleeping) along with being away at the weekends and now being away for work.

before that I think three weeks was my longest. That was kid related too…

fatboyjon

Had 8 weeks off once recovering from an operation and subsequent hospital induced infection. No co-incidence that I got divorced pretty soon after as I was like a really really obnoxious bear with a drill in his head. Still, wife 2 is far nicer!

neninja
    Free Member

I’ve been off the bike for 5 weeks since I knackered my knee at Glentress. It’s not looking good for being back on the bike during the remainder of 2012 at the moment.

My quads on the bad leg have disappeared. I’m going to be lopsided when I get riding again.

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘Longest time of not going out for a ride’ is closed to new replies.