Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Longest cycling trip?
  • c_klein87

How many people have done really long cycling trips? I've always considered doing a really long cycling trip somewhere, perhaps get as far to australia as i can, tho there is a little water in the way and some dodgy countries to get through or around, but the idea is there…..

Was just interested if anyone had any cool stories to tell?

headfirst
    Free Member

I'm reading alastair humphrey's first book at the moment, now that's a proper long bike trip! A good easy read.

GiantJaunt
    Free Member

Have you watched 'cycling the america's'? It's on Iplayer.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Stoner
    Free Member

longest Mrs S and I did was 3 months across Spain and France.
    Highly recommended.
    http://pompinos.blogspot.com

c_klein87

awesome i'll check the blog out, yeah i've seen it, its where my urge has come from. I've done a bit of traveling in SE asia and that was easy enough, think other places are alot more complicated

emma82
    Free Member

Headfirst – i met Alastair Humphries ("Humpy" as my friends and I decided to nickname him after several bottles of wine consumed while he gave his after dinner speech – he wasn't so impressed with the nickname). He has one hell of a story, 45,000 miles wasn't it? I wud offer to let you have my copy of his book c_kleine but Humpy signed it for me so it shant ever leave my book case! Deffo worth a read though, very inspirational.
    The furthest I however have gone is 50k on a merida marathon and it took me all day in the p**ing down rain. I actually thought at one point I may have died on the hills….. 🙁

TinMan
    Free Member

Rode from Calais to Kandersteg in Switzerland, to meet up with some mates & go climbing back in 1991. Plodded along over 4 weeks, travelling light. Had a wail of a time, met loads of nice people along the way, inc stopping & sightseeing in various small tows & cities. Not sure how far, but I was kind of meandering along.

In Bern I met a lovely retired couple who were cycling round the world. They'd started from Australia 18mths earlier, and had just started to need to replace worn out kit, luckily they'd just hit europe. (They were in their mid 50's)

cynic-al
    Free Member

Did 1200 miles in France in 1994. Also did Colorado trail, 470 odd miles iirc.

Happy days

lazlo53
    Free Member

Lots of trips over the years, hardest was four weeks in central Iceland (seydisfjordur Askja myvattinn kjolur gulfos seydisfjordir) but In a couple of years I'm hoping for a three month trip to North Cape and back through Finland (meet a couple of guys from a drunken last night of my second time in Iceland)

mcmoonter
    Free Member

I'm planning to do a USA C2C next year 4400 miles. Virginia to Oregon. 3 months of mellow spinning. In Colorado, I hope to rent a moonter and ride from Crested Butte over Pearl Pass to Aspen.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Longest cycling trip?’ is closed to new replies.