Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Longer stroke shock in prophet frame – will I die?
  • spw3

I’ve just removed the knackered Manitou Radium shock (200×50) from my secondhand Prophet frame and fitted an old Fox RL (200×57) from my Gemini frame. I’m off to the Lakes on Monday, will I die?

cynic-al
    Free Member

Take the shock out and see if it can go the extra 7mm without the swingarm hitting anything.

spw3

Hi cynic-al,

Do you mean measure the eye-to-eye with the swing arm collapsed and the rear tyre against the seat tube and no shock in place?

cynic-al
    Free Member

Indeed.

spw3

Aha! Off to the garage…>

spw3

Ooh, one other hing. Will have a different stroke change anything? Will it feel any different?

I notice brake jack so I am a bit of a Princess and the Pea type of rider 😳

iffoverload
    Free Member

rear tyre may buzz the seat tube or front mech if you have one fitted esp. in FR mode.

more stroke on the shock= more travel, you will have 150ish instead of 140

Simon

If I remember rightly it’ll be fine in the xc setting but in fr the tyre could make contact with the seat tube.

spw3

>…Back from the garage.

For posterity and future users of the Forum Search function, there was enough space in the XC setting but the tyre was in contact with the seat tube in FR setting, as suggested above. I was using Mavic X19 rims and Maxxis Swampthing 2.3″ tyres.

Thanks very much guys.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Fit it and let all the air out.
    Sit on the bike, does anything hit the frame / suspension linkage / shock, if not you should be ok.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Longer stroke shock in prophet frame – will I die?’ is closed to new replies.