Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • 'Longer' shorts?
  • bluearsedfly
    Free Member

My current shorts are well overdue binning.

I’m looking for a longer pair to help eliminate the **** gap. I’m hardly huge at 5′ 9″ but I’m all legs.

Just tried various Fox offerings which whilst comfy are just too short. Also tried a pair of TLD moto shorts which are spot on fit wise but they seem a bit on the thick side for when things warm up.

Anybody recommend some longer shorts?

z1ppy

Had the same quandary a while back, link to old thread had tried Endura & altura without success. Got some Dakine 8 Track Shorts from recommendations & am very happy with them. Only slight annoyance with them, is there no width adjustment at the bottom of the legs, but a year or so on & there wearing well

chakaping
    Free Member

Royal do some nice longer ones, I really like the fit of them.

Squirrel

I got some three-quarters from Dare2be. Happy enough with them.

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

Thanks. Managed to get the last pair of Dakines in my size from CRC, what’s the sizing like on them zippy?

Will have a look at the Royals and D2b, thanks lads.

dirkpitt74

I’ve got Endura Hummvee 3/4 – seem really hard wearing and a decent fit.

BigDummy
    Free Member

Flare Stage are long.

BlindMelon
    Free Member

Endura Zyme

sandwicheater

I’ve a pair of Mavic shorts (think the Stratos) that have a good length to them and i’m all femur (well, not all femur, that would be silly). Been bomb proof for the 6 years i’ve used them.

stayhigh

Really pleased with the Polaris AM 500 shorts I brought when in a similar position to yourself.

The fit is good, they come over my knee pads and don’t pull while riding. They are sold as being water resistant which seems to works but have only ridden with them when its wet as a pose to when its raining.

Yetiman
    Free Member

I also have a pair of the Polaris AM500 shorts and they are a nice fit. Decent length too.

mindmap3
    Free Member

Intrepid shorts seem pretty long – really like mine. Not sure that I’d pay full price for them though.

zerolight
    Free Member

Evans have the regular Hummvee with no liner on sale for £28. Mine arrived today in L which seems good for my 33″ waist. Good length too.

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

I’ve tried loads on now and the TLD Skylines are winning.

The Dakines are a good length but they seem to be sized smaller than everything else and can’t find the next size up anywhere.

z1ppy

Bugger, sorry forgot to check the sizing for you.. but then if you can’t get them, it wouldn’t have helped

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

TLD skyline here as well and they’re thin lightweight material. I’m between sizes and the size up has Plenty’s of length for me

Also tried a pair of TLD moto shorts which are spot on fit wise but they seem a bit on the thick side for when things warm up.

They are thick, but the bonus is, they are tough. They are the only shorts I’ve had that haven’t ripped. I’m a sweaty sod, but cope fine with them in summer

theotherjonv

Ground Effect from NZ; Supertankers or Juggernauts

Not cheap but very good quality

Dark-Side

I bagged a set of 7Mesh Recons in the Evans sale, pricey without a discount but they’re the best shorts I’ve ever worn. The cut is long and tapered at the back of the knee, brilliant shorts.

chrisdw
    Free Member

TLD Skyline for me too. They aren’t long 3/4 long. But the 32 waist easily goes over my knee pads and I’m 6′

acidchunks

+1 for Endura zyme here.

Think enough for winter but not too thick for summer. Tougher than Humvees and the arse doesn’t wear out as fast.

shindiggy
    Free Member

Gore power shorts are very long in comparison to my other shorts (fox, cannondale, endura, Peal Izumi)

mb51
    Free Member

Hi. If your not worried about following the crowd and getting branded gear. If you want shorts that will last ,and you can put a fair amount of stuff in the pockets go for TUFFSTUFF work shorts. Had a pair for a couple of months now ,good as new no signs of wear in saddle area at all,given that my usual trail is sandy /gritty dirt and wears through shorts like there’s no tomorrow. Hope this helps

Cowman

I ride a lot in immersion research fleece lined shorts. Think they’re called guide shorts.

Made for kayakers, but awesome.

Nice, long and well made. Just something else to consider.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘'Longer' shorts?’ is closed to new replies.