Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Longer forks for Trance 29er?
  • FOG

My Trance 29er is prone to pedal strikes and feels like it could use more fork travel and length using 120 Rebas.
    Have people moved to longer forks? What forks and travel did they use and where can you get a good deal on longer travel 29 forks?
    I suspect Pikes might be the answer but I don’t think I will be able to afford them!

FOG

Bit of a bump, I am ready to spend money!

wobbliscott
    Free Member

Go for it. I went up 10mm on my Covet 29 (from 140mm), sort of wished i’d gone for 160’s. I noticed none of the suggested downsides of raising the front of the bike up, only upsides – which is probably more to do with going to Pikes from the previous inferior forks.

letmetalktomark

I run 120mm X Fusions on mine and not noticed any pedal strikes.

I had planned and do still intend to try 140mm forks. The general “web” conclusion is that the Rev in 140mm guise is a bit noodly so I guess it would be Pikes spaced down (or do they now do them in 120?)

pbooker1995
    Free Member

Ygm mate

granny_ring

I thought the trance 29er came with 120/130mm forks anyway, the anthem comes with 100mm.

FOG

Bought mine frame only and put 120mm Rebas on it as that was what Giant recommended. The complete 27.5 Trance comes with 140mm forks as standard.

u02sgb
    Free Member

I had Pikes reduced to 120mm on mine (bear in mind they are +10mm axle to crown on the same size rebas). Rode them like that for a year. Recently just put the 140mm shaft back in and it feels great. I got the rp23 push tuned at the same time and there’s a nice balance between the ends now.

I think general feeling when all giants were 26 inch was that they were great with +20mm on what they came with. I certainly really enjoyed an anthem at 120.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Longer forks for Trance 29er?’ is closed to new replies.