Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Long/Easter Weekend Inspiration
  • jamesmio
    Free Member

We, like many others I suspect, are shutting up shop tonight until Tuesday. Mrs M’s busy most of the weekend, ergo I’m (happily) being left to fend for and entertain myself.

Tomorrow’s riding is sorted – I’ve managed to grab a rare & golden Uplift Ticket for Innerleithen. But what about Saturday & Sunday, bearing in mind it IS Easter weekend and most of the popular biking spots will no doubt be heaving?

I’ve pretty much ruled out the Lake District for this reason – will get an explore done in there mid-week sometime instead.

So, STW, where’d be your collective suggestions to aim for to bag an enjoyable 1-3 day’s riding? Happy on Red/Black grade trails, and enjoy a spot of off-piste too but am by no-means a Riding God.

Current shortlist suggestions include:
    – Comrie Croft (never been)
    – Golspie (never been)
    – Inners Golfie side / Non-Red/DH route exploring (never ventured off the main trails here)
    – Glencoe D/H (ridden once, a couple of years ago, would ride again if passing)
    – Fort Bill Red/D/H – (Did the Red a while back, not sure how comfy I’d be hitting the D/H tracks proper without someone to scoop me up in the event of stacking it)
    – Kinlochleven (never ridden here, no idea how to find the trails)
    – ….?

Any others worth a nosey at while I’m pretending to be working this afternoon?

Oh, I’m based in Dumfries, btw.

Every other bugger is either busy, working, under-the-thumb and/or completely useless, so this will most be likely a solo mission. Happy to kip in the van, so no real worries on finding accommodation this late in the game.

shortcut

Golspie and Balblair would be good.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Long/Easter Weekend Inspiration’ is closed to new replies.