Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Long Weekend in Wales
  • pbooker1995
    Free Member

Looking to spend a long weekend (Friday-Monday) in Wales in Early July.

Looking at doing Snowdon one morning before 10am. Thinking Coed Y Brenin too but not sure where else. Possibly penmachno?

Where would people recommend staying, riding etc?

cloudnine
    Free Member

Nant yr Arian and climachx in one day is doable.
    Nant has a bit of a special feel to it.. mixture of the fast flowy trails, views and red kites

hillsplease

Marin and penmachno as a oner is good and not fat from Snowdon. There’s a hotel just outside capel curing which is fair with bar, and Bala can be entertaining, white lion i think or The Goat is a bit cheaper. Depends what you’re after.

If you are looking for somewhere to stay near to Coed y Brenin we have log cabins just 2 miles away. Its also just 30 minutes drive to to the Marin and Penmachno trails and the route up Snowdon is about an hour away
    http://www.logcabinswales.co.uk

rugbydick

We went to Wales in April.
    The black at Coed y Brenin is definitely worth a look…

We also stayed at Trawsfynydd Holiday Village. I thought all of the vowels had fallen off my sat nav when I got there…
    But very comfy, 2 mins from the trail head and the pub at the top of the site (Rhwi Goch Inn?) does good food and is pretty good craic (well, it was fairly quiet when we walked in, but deinfitely not by the time we left…..)

nickjb
    Free Member

Have done a few long weekends up there. Basically its all good so it’ll be great whatever you do. Trawsfynydd Holiday Village is a great central location and fairly cheap. More like posh caravans than twee log cabins but nice enough. Last trip we stayed in a cabin in Machynlleth which was a lot nicer. Nice town, too. Well worth a trip to climachx or the other Mach trails if you like stuff a little more wild and natural. NyA is great and the kites are quite a sight. I’d try to do that on the way or way back to avoid too much driving. CyB has many good trails. Antor Stiniog is good for a day, too, even for an XC mincer like me.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Depends where you are coming from/going back to, whether you stay in the northern area around Snowden or take in something further south. Depending on route you could stop and ride Long Myndd on way there/back.

Snowden and Coed-y-Brenin is good combination. Cadr Idris is not far if you want another natural ride.

@Jedi started a where-to-stay thread recently, I posted place we stayed and he picked trawsffynydd as above.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Long Weekend in Wales’ is closed to new replies.