Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Long Travel singlespeed
  • Rickos
    Free Member

Had ace fun on my old 1994 Cock Lobster around the FoD yesterday, but that front end is soooo low with 80mm forks. So, got me thinking – what is available as a more normal (in the UK at least) hardtail that can be snigglespeeded without a tensioner but have 120mm to 140mm forks on it? Cheaper the better and most likely 2nd hand. I can only think of a slot drop out Inbred, a Chameleon and a Cotic Simple (and even the Simple might be pushing the budget 2nd hand).

Any others I'm missing or is this another niche to be exploited?

clubber
    Free Member

Inbreds – 130mm (and no doubt 140mm would be fine)

EDIT – oops, didn't read the OP fully… 😳

tails
    Free Member

DMR do some stuff thats suitable, sanderson

Ringo
    Free Member

Orange p7

Rickos
    Free Member

I'd thought about the Trailstar, but discounted it for no apparent reason I can think of.

*Checks out DMR*

robinbetts
    Free Member

+1 Orange P7

BigJohn

My Soul rides lovely as a singlespeed with a 130mm Magura Menja and a tensioner. I bought it s/h for not much.

Rickos
    Free Member

Hmmm, P7. I'd forgotten about that one.

titusrider
    Free Member

Simple is fantastic and well worth the money- i would only go to 120mm forks though. Personally I think it doesnt handle as well with 130mm, the front end gets a bit wishy washy, its hard to get enough weight over it going down. fox f120 15mm axle are a great match for it if you have the funds!!

_tom_
    Free Member

DMR Trailstar will fit the bill – new ones are made for 130mm forks and have the "swopout" dropouts so you can have horizontal dropouts either 10mm or 12mm I think. 71 degree head angle though which I found a bit steep for downhill at FOD yesterday!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Long Travel singlespeed’ is closed to new replies.