• This topic has 99 replies, 46 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by hora.
Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 100 total)
  • Long travel hardtails- advice
  • the_lecht_rocks

hora – why sell a frame cause it’s getting scratched ?
    they’re mountain bikes………… 😯

hora
    Free Member

I don’t really care about Hora’s attention-seeking behaviour

I only asked what long travel steel frames were out there for an itchy wallet.
    Hows that attention seeking? What part of my original post sought ‘attention’?

Ps. The Chromag Samurai is going to retail at close to £1k here 😮 so that one is firmly off the list as its alot of money to spend on a steel frame.

Northwind

So what actually happened to the Summer Season? PS, buy a Soul. I’m a complete coward and known impulse buyer and it’s done me proud. Though it’s still too expensive.

hora
    Free Member

Crack in the seat tube- possibly large-ass related on a climb.

MOJOK
    Free Member

Slack, cheap, steel= summer season. How many miles did you put on the bike before you off-loaded it? I’m completely thrilled with mine.

hora
    Free Member

Mojo K I cracked the frame.

Rickos
    Free Member

Reading your mtbr review it sounds like you don’t like a high BB and the Chammy has one of the highest for a hardtail. How about a Genesis Alpitude? Or is it not the right brand image?

hora
    Free Member

Chammy has a 12.5 doesnt it?

pimpmyride
    Free Member

I love my Stiffee on Pikes 🙂
    Handles amazing and is a bloomin beast downhill! even at 140mm travel it still climbs comfortably, however once the u-turn is dropped to 110mm it climbs like a mountain goat love it!!!

Rickos
    Free Member

Nope. 13 inches with 140mm forks. Go and measure yours and see what it is.

I don’t get on with high BB’s – they make the bike feel too tall.

Rickos
    Free Member

Forgot to say, how about the Chumba hardtail? BB is less than 12 inches (IIRC) but it’s an eccentric jobber so you could faff about with the height and effective seat angle, chain stay length, etc. Alu though…

Chammy is eccentric BB too but at its lowest setting is 13 inches which is no bloody good for playing around with.

MOJOK
    Free Member

Maybe just a bad frame, maybe give it another go. Are you dead set on steel? If you’re lucky, you could find a Vagrant out there? The new Mountain cycle Rumble had my eye too.

I don’t know you, but it seems some people here think they have you pegged. If you’ve owned a bunch of these things and still can’t find something “off the rack” that fits your needs, it’s probably time to shell out for a custom build. If you’re not willing to take that plunge, you’ll just need to work out your riding position, suspension, and skills to make your next set-up work for you. Being the guy who’s never happy with their bike must wring every drop of fun right out of the game, No? I’m sure you must feel as sorry for those guys as I do.

Peace K.

Hora, get the Ragley. It’s about the only thing you haven’t tried yet.

the_lecht_rocks

i agree with mike – get the ragley and i’ll have it after ye 😀

Jamie
    Free Member

Nah, persuade Mike to sell you a PA and just forward to to me via a depreciation hit for yourself of course.

15.5″ please.

desf
    Free Member

Steel and slack head angle – it has to be the Ragley Blue Pig.

Anyway we need a reliable and impartial review on it from a forum regular.
    😉

guitarmanjon
    Free Member

Hora, good on yer for buying and trying every frame under the sun. I would too if I could afford it. Isn’t variety supposed to be the spice of life??

Anyway, I reckon you should have a go on one of them Ragleys. Looks fantastic, pretty light, and can take a beating. I think that’ll be my first purchase when I start my proper job in September…if I can wait that long.

Oh, and just to jump on the bandwagon. Get it in an 18″. YGM when it comes up on the Classifieds. 😉 (Sorry, couldn’t resist)

jon

compositepro
    Free Member

hora do you want a job doing product testing??

“Tested by Hora” would certainly be a unique marketing strapline.

hora
    Free Member

A steel Chameleon.

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 100 total)

The topic ‘Long travel hardtails- advice’ is closed to new replies.