Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • long travel hard tail
  • franciscobegbie
    Free Member

Steel or alu?

26″, 29″ or 650B?

What fork travel is considered long travel these days?

FYI – I’ll be clearing out the last 725 and 853 frames for silly prices (about 30 frames in total) when I get my arse in gear and put something up on the Dialled Bikes website.

Like!
    My brother has an Alpine and loves it. I’ll keep an eye on your site for bargains, I reckon.

MSP

I am going to be selling a 19″ inch sirius r853 soon. Not as “hardcore” as some hardtails but stiffer than the soul I had, and my previous 456.

char34
    Free Member

chromag stylus , take anywhere do anything love mine

mrblobby
    Free Member

Kingdom Brigante with those 650b wheels.

Rather like that.

Edit… Oh and a Ragley mmmBop here. Been run at 160mm and 150mm, now much happier at 130mm. Great little bike. Nice light alu frame with good angles. Quite a harsh ride but put in the effort and it’s properly rewarding.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

On One Carbon 456 here too, fantastic bike, best of both worlds, xc light with hardcore geometry, fork length of your choice. The new EVO should be even better.

souldrummer
    Free Member

I will recommend what I ride; Dialled Alpine. Mine is a Mk1 and I would be lost without it. With 150mm Z1s on the front and 2 chainrings it does everything I will ever wish a bike to do.

deluded
    Free Member

Some corking bikes on here – all of them in fact. Always loved Evil Sovs and those Privée Shan’s are a feast on the eye.

I saw a nicely built Stanton Slackline up Leigh Woods a few weeks back and thought ummmmmm – might have to get one of those.

Anyway, I’ve got a Stanton Switchback on order 😀 Now saving for components and a bike skills course to try and do it some justice.

lardman
    Free Member

I’ve been riding a Mountain Cycle rumble for the past few years, with 150mm Z1’s on the front, and an Alfine on the back. No mech’s tight chain-line and means it’s almost silent. Ride it on long and short rides, dirt Jumping, downhill bashing and even at the local concrete Skate bowls.

Can’t see anything being much better TBH. Its sweet.

like this, which is not mine…….

colournoise

Another recommend what you ride post, but won’t go wrong with a BFe. Currently running 130mm forks but was fine at 150 too.

moridinbg
    Free Member

Carbon 456 again!
    It’s a blast with Fox 36 160mm

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘long travel hard tail’ is closed to new replies.